Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
JDM F22 > USDM H23
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i don't know if this post goes here so if it doesn't i'm sorry. but ok here's my deal. i can get a set of rotors either OEM, crossdrilled, or slotted for the same price and wantted to know. which would you guys think i should get. and if i get crossdrilled or slotted can i still use oem brakes or will i have to get ones made for slotted and or crossdrilled? any help will be really cool. thanks:bigthumb:

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
I firstly would advise against drilled rotors, I had Ferodo drilled/slotted rotors previously and they cracked between the holes, not little cracks either, it was like f'ing crazy paving!!! I currently use blanks but would still be happy to use slotted though.

As for the pads, OEMs will work ok with uprated rotors but you won't see as much of an improvement as if you were to use uprated pads with OEM rotors.

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
4,481 Posts
I agree with Garry.

I have brembo slotted rotors and AEM pads. I love the stopping power but wish I couldn't lock up my brakes as much. Still nice to know my ABS works. I picked up the fronts for 180 shipped. I had my rotors cadmium coated and it lasted close to 6 months before wearing down.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have Powerslot Slotted Rotors on stock pads, and it actually made a big difference over stock.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I just got some Brembo blanks and Axis Metal Masters in the mail, we'll see how those work.

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
4,481 Posts
fleshbox said:
what does the cadmium coating do?

it's supposed to prevent rust. It will rub off after a period of time. Shouldn't cost more than 10-15 dollars per rotor to get it done.

Complete ass rape on price if you ask me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have brembo slotted zinc plated rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads and Technafit ss brake lines sitting in my room just begging to be installed... I'll let you guys know how it works once I get them on... oh and does anyone know if there is a "break-in" period on the rotors?? Thanks.
-Ryan

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
4,481 Posts
500 miles on the break in. You really shouldn't push it before that. Seems to work true on every vehicle I have broke in that way :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
personally, i would recommend get the big brake kit conversion cuz rotors warp sooo freakin easy on our cars...i guess it's becuz our car is soo freakin heavy...i bought some brembo X-drilled/slotted rotors and they didn't even last me a full year!...so i bought the OEM rotors to replace it and it lasted a little longer...

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
4,481 Posts
tokenAZNguy040 said:
personally, i would recommend get the big brake kit conversion cuz rotors warp sooo freakin easy on our cars...i guess it's becuz our car is soo freakin heavy...i bought some brembo X-drilled/slotted rotors and they didn't even last me a full year!...so i bought the OEM rotors to replace it and it lasted a little longer...

only dissadvantage to the big brake kits is running at least 17s year round. You can't run the big brake kits with anything less than 17s. If it nice where you live and you use bigger wheels year round I say go for it :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
i bought some power slot rotors back in january, and they have allready started warping. I am in the process of fightin for some new ones, but i dont know if its gonna work. I might get some brembo slotted rotors after these get too annoying.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ORDERED MINE FRM JDMHP AND AXXIS MM'S FROM NEUSPEED CUZ CLOSE TO MY HOUSE AND THEY WORKED EXCELLENT W NO WARPAGE OR CRACKS AFTER YEAR OF DAILY DRIVING. THE PADS ARE STILL IN GREAT SHAPE TOO.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
willmbrk said:
I have Powerslot Slotted Rotors on stock pads, and it actually made a big difference over stock.
I have the same set up and notice no difference except these are not warped like my stocks were. Different rotors won't help initial braking power at all. They might help against fading a tad.

·
Registered
254 Posts
brendon2k said:
Different rotors won't help initial braking power at all. They might help against fading a tad.
right on.....if you want bite......get a good set of HH pads and stainless lines. those are your better performance mods IMO.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I just got a set of OEM brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors and pads all around for about 338 shipped, As for the breakin period that is the most important part for not warping you rotors, there are many articles online....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts