Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my car with all my heart and all my soul, but the roof lining is rattling every now and then...more so when its cold out. Is there a fix to this?

97 Type SH

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yes, there's a TSB out on the headliner rattling I believe. It involves regluing the headliner in, as the original glue Honda used weakened.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
i believe music is the only fix

mine worsened A LOT after i put my teins in

</font>
hey, if we ever hook up, i'll bring over some honda silicone(sp?). takes away the creaks until the silicone dries up(around 2-3 months). i got it from honda.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some of you guys should try this and see if it works. Remove that little cap thingie that covers the one hole in the roof...stick your finger in there, or have someone else stick there finger in there, and push on anything and everything you can find. If your very annoying rattling goes away or is quieter, then it's one of the bolts that holds up the moonroof catch or something like that. Pull off the back portion of your headliner and tighten all the bolts you can find. That worked for me fine...no more headliner rattle. Surprisingly enough, it had nothing to do with the liner itself.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
ok where can I find this damn TSB, I brought the car into the dealer and they said it was the moonroof so they just lubed it up and said its fixed. THAT DIDNT DO ****! dumb FOCKS.

so now either I'm gonna try to fix it myself or find the TSB and show them...

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
  1. Stuff spongy material up between the headliner and the shade.
  2. Remove the shade completely maybe???
  3. Punch the sh*t out of it like I think PreludeEd did.

[/list=a]
  1. </font>

1. PUHAHAHAHAHAHA~~!!

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
    15.45 @ 92.37

1 - 10 of 10 Posts