Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bent one of my rims and am considering getting some 17's maybe even some 18's if the price is right (and if I can fit them).
Now... I have no idea what I want.. (i really like chrome rims) but I've seen some nice polished rims too. I was wondering if you guys can post some pics of your rides with the rims, that would be awesome. Also, anyone know of a good place to get rims.. online or in at a shop in the ny/nj area?
What size tire/rim can I fit without rubbing and what offeset (for 17's and 18's). Anybody selling rims in the nj/ny area. I'm considering getting used ones too.

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
so you bent a rim and want to get even bigger rims?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by floundericiousFL:
you know...I've often thought...with MALKEN being an Admin...a castrated two-legged hampster with a learning disability could run this place better...</font>

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have stock 16's now.. I bent the rim by hitting a huge pothole (the lip of the rim is bent and makes my car vibrate like hell). So I need something new.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Not to blow you off, but the best place to find a lot of pictures is at hondaprelude.com in the setups section. You can even search by brand and such.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, i just a set of 17" giovanna nagano's in chrome. I have 215 40zr17 falken ziex on them... and the rear tires rub like hell, I wasn't expecting this, does anybody know the offset of those rims? any way to correct the rubbing?

·
12,808 Posts
If you look at the back side of the wheel, the offset should be stamped on there.

Fix the rubbing? Can you tell WHERE it's rubbing? First spot i'd check is the rear bumper where the screw attaches it on to the back. There's a piece that sticks out farther than the rest...shave that off if that's the culprit. If the offset's too low, check the underside of the fender for rub marks. That'd be harder to fix...might hafta roll ur fenders.

------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'
'•A music video my woman appeared in•'

·
12,808 Posts
What's the width of the rim?

i would say +40 for a 7". As for 7.5, i'm not too sure on this, maybe a +44? (but then SADWAP is running 8" wides on 44 :confused
Do they really stick out a lot?? If not, you can probably roll (or cut) your fenders and get away with it.

------------------

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they're 7's but I may be wrong... I really don't want to mess with teh fenders, I just called the shop and the guy said he's gonna take care of it for me.. I wonder what he's gonna have to do.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteTypeSH99:
I think they're 7's but I may be wrong... I really don't want to mess with teh fenders, I just called the shop and the guy said he's gonna take care of it for me.. I wonder what he's gonna have to do.</font>
Where'd you buy them from?
Should've done a little more research man.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
12,808 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteTypeSH99:
I just called the shop and the guy said he's gonna take care of it for me.. I wonder what he's gonna have to do.</font>
Dude...i would call the shop again and ask exactly what "taking care of it" means. It can mean anything from rolling your fenders to cutting the fender. Look into it dude...

------------------

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I seriously PRAY you did NOT go to Rayco.......if you did RETURN THE RIMS.

</font>
I will never go back to Rayco again, I've had way too many bad experiences with them, plus their prices are ridiculous.

WhiteTypeSH99, I was just looking at the Nagano's myself but I decided against them because the offset on 18's was +40. I believe that the 17's have the same offset.

------------------
94 Prelude VTEC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts