Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will it still rub if the offset of the rims are +42...can anybody recommend tire size so there's no possibility of rubbing anymore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
wheel width is as, if not more important than offset in this case.

We need a diameter and width to help you.
 

·
*yawn*
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
Just to add another point of view I almost got TypeC2's +42mm offset 17x7.4 with 215/40 but didn't.......I got TypeC5's with +44mm offset.

SOME people have used +42mm and gotten no rubbing.....SOME people have used +42mm and did experience rubbing.

It's CLOSE.....I think it also has to do with how stiff your springs are. I'm close with +44mm.......if I find a buyer for my rims the next set I buy will NOT be lower than +44mm in the offset....that's just me though.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey vabeachlude...are the rims on ur sig backwards or something?...hmmmm or its just me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,125 Posts
To give you an idea...i have 18x7.5 RH CP-10s with 225/35/18 S02s and a 45mm offset...i rub occasionally at stock height. So if you ever plan to lower your car to be on the safe side get at least a 45mm offset for 17x7 and at least 48mm offset for 17x7.5. Again, the size of the tire matters also...225 go with a larger offset...215 it's your call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jayz:
hey vabeachlude...are the rims on ur sig backwards or something?...hmmmm or its just me</font>
You are now on the official hit list of The Bloods. I'd watch your back if I were you. Don't question my backwards wheels, it's much safer that way. But for you, it's too late.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah im dropped by pro kit with kyb agx...so your saying that with +42 offset on 17x7.5 it's still gonna rub...damn and i had a great deal on those rims too..and vabeachlude...forget i said that man...mah bad!!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,003 Posts
maybe it's just me...
but, i had the chance to see 2 different offsets relative to how it looks in the wheelwell.

Joon's is +44mm, and Anubyss' is +48mm.
i had followed each car from behind and i must say i like the +48mm better... it looks *more tucked in*, if you know what i mean.
 

·
*yawn*
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
Joon's is +44mm, and Anubyss' is +48mm.
i had followed each car from behind and i must say i like the +48mm better... it looks *more tucked in*, if you know what i mean.
</font>
I actually don't like the "tucked" look. But that's just me.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,807 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
To give you an idea...i have 18x7.5 RH CP-10s with 225/35/18 S02s and a 45mm offset...i rub occasionally at stock height. So if you ever plan to lower your car to be on the safe side get at least a 45mm offset for 17x7 and at least 48mm offset for 17x7.5. Again, the size of the tire matters also...225 go with a larger offset...215 it's your call.</font>

Question tho...did you shave that triangle thing on the rear bumper? I'm sure most people with aftermarket rims NEED to shave this or else they'll rub. It's not really rubbing...it's just that stupid thing getting in the way. I have 7.5 +48 and they touched that thing...shaved them off and i've had ZERO problems since. Just an FYI if u didn't do it already...


------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'

[This message has been edited by OvaDaLimiT (edited March 27, 2001).]
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top