Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank god for preludeonline. I always reset my ECU after it rains or 2 weeks. Man, that power just comes out of no where. I just changed my plugs/got a oil change and reset my ECU. Feels so damn good!

·
Registered
248 Posts
NTPOG Workaround

You should consider the NTPOG workaround for 'resetting' the ECU. It puts a switch in the battery lead to the ECU so that it resets everytime you turn the car off. Then, if you should happen to throw a trouble code or check engine, all you have to do is flip the switch and 'voila!', it remembers everything until you flip the switch again.

Essentially, it is like pulling the fuse everytime you start the car (actually everytime you turn off the car) but without all of the radio fuss (just the ECU!).

Check it out, it has worked wonders for me:
http://www.ntpog.org/mods/fifth-afc/ecu.shtml

·
Putt Putt...Vroom Vroom!
2,821 Posts
do the workaround then, no need to reset the code :) of course its reccomended to disconnect the battery to do the workaround....:(

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
DudewithaLude said:
do the workaround then, no need to reset the code :) of course its reccomended to disconnect the battery to do the workaround....:(
I might be able to find it somewhere... my ECU hasnt been reset in about a year :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I'm pretty sure they can tell it to you, they either need your VIN or your Serial # on the radio, in which case you'll have to pull the radio out to see it :(

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
i should do mine soon, need to copy my deck settings first so i can adjust it back again to what i had before

·
Registered
804 Posts
u have to have mods for this to work guys, and yeah, im a do the workaround tommarow, i cant wait.....u guys are jst now hearing about the wh0le reseting the ecu thing?

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
^^ yeah...stock won't do anything....the problem occurs cuz of bein modded, which is why resetting the ECU is good for modded cars :bigthumb: you can definitely feel when you need to reset it...maybe not at first, but after awhile an bein experienced, it all makes sense an you can tell. another way (if you don't do the workaround) is just reset it everytime you get gas

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,838 Posts
not to go off topic.. but I do need a good website to buy a A/F ratio guage..

Any recommended sites?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've known about this for along time now, but it just felt really good this time because I got new plugs and a oil change!!!

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
2Longfour said:
funny, I never noticed a damn thing resetting the ecu. good for you guys tho!
I never noticed anything either, but I did the workaround so I could get rid of some CEL's

As for my mods:
intake
exhaust
underdrive pulleys
EGR blocked
coolant bypass
1 step colder plugs

DeadFish said:
not to go off topic.. but I do need a good website to buy a A/F ratio guage..

Any recommended sites?
www.speedshop.org has some nice digital A/F guages. But if you want to get some accurate readings you really need a wideband O2 sensor and guage.

·
JOE D.
157 Posts
not to sound stupid or anything :confused: , but what does resetting the ECU do? I'm assuming that you'll go faster by hacking into the computer. is this safe for the car and how do you do it?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts