flat tappet cam series).

For a street car, this is not really a concern due to less aggressive spring
pressures and rpm.

If you are having success with synthetic oil, then by all means, continue
doing so. Crower recommends using only a pure petroleum based oil. This
recommendation is based on extensive dyno and spintron data on V8 engines."

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gLudeous:
Brake clearance?? All they have to do is make sure they don't offer a wheel smaller than stock! </font>
GET 'EM BOY

Anyway... What offset would you need to fit a 8 inch wide wheel on a 5gen?

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About a +48... which is what they offer =]

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
GET 'EM BOY

</font>
Ha!
I get annoyed with Tire Rack sometimes, there were two times when whoever I was talking to refused to even tell me why something wouldn't fit or wasn't often, he just said "it just tells me what fits, not what doesn't fit and why," and I was thinking, I can find what fits on the website, what the hell are you there for??

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gLudeous:
Ha!
I get annoyed with Tire Rack sometimes, there were two times when whoever I was talking to refused to even tell me why something wouldn't fit or wasn't often, he just said "it just tells me what fits, not what doesn't fit and why," and I was thinking, I can find what fits on the website, what the hell are you there for??

</font>

·
Registered
951 Posts
I understand that tirerack is trying to idiot-proof it's site, but considering all the trouble they go to testing tires and such, I really wish they'd put the important specs like wheel weight and offset on their site. It'd take them no time at all.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by baked:
I understand that tirerack is trying to idiot-proof it's site, but considering all the trouble they go to testing tires and such, I really wish they'd put the important specs like wheel weight and offset on their site. It'd take them no time at all.</font>
Agreed

·
&quot;PO Doc&quot;
1,484 Posts
Here is a story that you may find interesting when dealing with the tire rack. Some time ago, on my brother's S4, we wanted to have 17" BBS RK II mounted. So we called the tire rack, and they said, nope, no can do, won't fit, yadda, yadda, yadda. We were bummed, those were the wheels my brother wanted since they came out.

Well, low and behold, on BBS' european website, they listed teh european s4 as a car that can fit the RK II. we called tirerack back, showed them the website, and ordered the wheels. And guess what, they fit! It was a tight fit, but they fit nonetheless. So the moral of the story, Tire rack is conservative and you should definitely go with your gut feeling about choosing the wheel for your car.

Regarding my wheels, they told me a 16x8 wheel with a 45mm offset wouldn't rub on my prelude, nor stick out, which I have found pretty much to be false from my own estimations.

Neel

·
Theoretical Physicist
3,621 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nmehta211:

Regarding my wheels, they told me a 16x8 wheel with a 45mm offset wouldn't rub on my prelude, nor stick out, which I have found pretty much to be false from my own estimations.

Neel
</font>
You're absolutely right. An 8" wide wheel with a +45mm offset would stick way out on a Prelude...

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Though you need to realize that brake clearance isn't decided upon the offset of the rim. It's more decided upon the spokes of the rim. Granted, most wheel companies will take that into consideration for the market, but some will not fit. Just like Allen Han's 17" Model 7's wouldn't fit over his Baer track braking system and he had to find some high clearance rims to work with them.

~Doug

·
&quot;PO Doc&quot;
1,484 Posts
I think for an 8" wheel, you would need an offset of close to 50. ANd i don't think you can ever lower your car without rubbing.

Neel

·
12,807 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
You're absolutely right. An 8" wide wheel with a +45mm offset would stick way out on a Prelude...
</font>
That's what i would've thought...but sadwap is running 18x8 +44....looked fine to me last night...and he says he has no rubbing. Strange eh? Those were originally vwong's rims.
If he reads this thread he can tell you for sure...but i asked him again last night if he rubs, and he said no. It's stuff like this that boggles my head and drives me crazy.

------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'
'•A music video my woman appeared in•'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts