Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my front bumper is kinda beat up, it has some cracks and such, and i was thinking about getting a new one, and just paying to have it sprayed(i think i can get it done for cheap). i found a oem style bumper on ebay for 70 bucks. does anyone have any expierience/comments on non honda bumpers? will it fit, or should i just stick with the real deal?
marsh

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have heard of aftermarket OEM replacements not fitting as well, but not totally off, IMO I would rather dish out the extra 50 bucks for the real thing

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
8,239 Posts
shadowz said:
I have heard of aftermarket OEM replacements not fitting as well, but not totally off, IMO I would rather dish out the extra 50 bucks for the real thing

Exactly. If you can say you can get it done cheap I would still think it to be above 250 bucks for a quality job just for the paint. I had my front bumper quoted at 407 bucks :eek:

That's with gauranteed paint though. If you get any kind of body work done to fix the cracks, assuming they aren't that bad, I would say you are still in the range of 4-500 bucks. Have you had anyone look at it?

If it were me...... and just in my opinion.

Get the Wings West Big Mouth bumper. It's a full replacement, fits well, and looks great. Again, IMO.

I jacked this pic from Mark94.(cause his car is the best example of the Big Mouth)

·
Registered
831 Posts
when my car was hit in the front, the insurance company wrote for a reman bumper to save money, and needless to say 3 weeks later i was back at the shop having an OEM one put on, the reman people usually buy thier molds from honda after they fall slightly out of OEM specs...either get a WW or something or OEM honda..peace

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Go with OEM, and do not go with Competitive parts. I work as an Auto Damage Evaluator for Allstate. I dont trust non OEM parts because the Competitive parts are cheap asian brands and they dont always fit right

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Sh!t, man...most cars I see out in the streets remind me why I shouldn't get a kit or aftermarket body parts for my car (the spoon lip aside). Most cars I've seen rolling around have horrible fitment when it comes to their kits & aftermarket body parts...

J

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
mario24601 said:
man I had a really good one posted here OEM and no one wanted, not even free, so I threw away....
Man! Was this listed in the classifieds? I should shop there more, if so. It's always good to have stock OEM body & interior parts on hand, just incase, ya know?

J

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mario24601 said:
man I had a really good one posted here OEM and no one wanted, not even free, so I threw away....
ahhhhhh that sucks! well i guess i am gonna find an oem one. i think the paint will be cheap through a hookup.. and i hate the bigmouth kit, so i wont be gettin that. thanks for the feedback guys
marsh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.