Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Baller....
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weird noise in my motor and the mechanics at work pretty much made it out to be the timing belt is going bad.Is there a better aftermarket one,or should i just stick with stock,also would timing gears be benificial,or just not worth the money for a car that will never really be that fast.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Ok the prelude is fast...just not blistering fast.......well give it the right turbo and it will be..hehe..

As for the timing belt.....it might be the autotensioner....since you say its making a noise...how many miles on the motor??

and stick with OEM....cam gears are not worth it on a stock motor unless you have cams

·
Baller....
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea they are fast cars, i was just in a bad mood and took it out on my car, lol..
The motor has 58,000 on it. I also plan on getting stock since i work at a garage and get the parts really cheap.I dont think it could be the autotensioner,but i'll recheck it tomorrow. I trust the mechanics at work but i hope they are right, cause i dont wanna fix timing belt and it still makes noise in the motor.Plus with 58k i should just replace both at the same time anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.