Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any testimonials on Energy Suspenion's Polyurethane bushing kit? Also, anyone used anything other than Energy Suspension when re-doing all of their suspension arms?

I'm gonna be shaving all of my suspension arms down to remove casting imperfections and give them a smoother look before powdercoating them, and will then install new bushings and ball joints everywhere. So needless to say going the way of MOOG arms/replacing parts that come with bushes/joints and refinished arms in a modular sales package does not fit my agenda. I'm only looking for polyurethane or nylon bushings as well as good and well priced ball joints that I can press in to everywhere that needs it following powdercoating all of the suspension arms/subframes.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Really gets me down that I can't just replace all the arms with Heim jointed billet Aluminum control arms as on a Nissan but I'm trying to do my best. This is on a 5th gen btw. It WAS an SH, but no longer, as I'm converting the entire front end to base to run the ESP Traction Bar setup.

Also...I did my own research and got the low down on individual ball joints for front and rear lower ball joint locations (they're the same) both from OEM and BeckArnley. Does anyone have any insight on sourcing upper ball joints, front and rear, individually/separate from arms?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone have any testimonials on Energy Suspenion's Polyurethane bushing kit? Also, anyone used anything other than Energy Suspension when re-doing all of their suspension arms?

I'm gonna be shaving all of my suspension arms down to remove casting imperfections and give them a smoother look before powdercoating them, and will then install new bushings and ball joints everywhere. So needless to say going the way of MOOG arms/replacing parts that come with bushes/joints and refinished arms in a modular sales package does not fit my agenda. I'm only looking for polyurethane or nylon bushings as well as good and well priced ball joints that I can press in to everywhere that needs it following powdercoating all of the suspension arms/subframes.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Really gets me down that I can't just replace all the arms with Heim jointed billet Aluminum control arms as on a Nissan but I'm trying to do my best. This is on a 5th gen btw. It WAS an SH, but no longer, as I'm converting the entire front end to base to run the ESP Traction Bar setup.

Also...I did my own research and got the low down on individual ball joints for front and rear lower ball joint locations (they're the same) both from OEM and BeckArnley. Does anyone have any insight on sourcing upper ball joints, front and rear, individually/separate from arms?
I know this is a late reply, but I never found upper ball joints that were separate from the arms. I'm assuming that the arms being stamped steel, they didn't want people pushing those out to replace them. Not sure about now, but I replaced all my uppers years ago and I thought they were around $80 a piece, which is nice for new bushings with the ball joints. But maybe doesn't work as well for you. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I've replaced all of my suspension with ES bushings, as well as upper balljoints. SPC makes an OEM quality upper balljoint for our cars - keep in mind front and rear are different diameters. Another option is an adjustable upper joint, which SPC and Moog are options besides the full custom upper that has been seen floating around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I replaced all suspension bushings with OEM "impregnated rubber" and couldn't be happier. Only place I found trailing arm bushings I liked was from www.hardrace.com they are 90 durometer. Nice and stuff and helped make car ride better than new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts