Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a minor accident this past weekend and the car is at the shop right now. To my knowledge I need a new rear passenger side control arm cause the one on there got twisted. My question is I'd like to do the work myself to save some money. How hard would it be to replace a rear control arm? What tools would I need? How much do they cost? Where can I get one besides the dealer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Not hard. I think the cost is around $100. Keep in mind, though, you'll still need to take it in for an alignment. Also, the "burden of proof" will rest on you if the alignment is still off- you'll need to figure out what *else* is damaged. It's usually not just one piece, though the control arm usually does get munched.

Not bad- 2 or 3 bolts and a ball joint, I think? You'll need a ball joint tool and likely a big cheater, I'm sure the control arm has the pivot bolt torqued down good.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't attempt this without the manual and a torque wrench.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts