Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1995 VTi-R 5spd
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have this exhaust on their lude? If so, what's the sound like?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I dont know anyone with it on but Im pretty sure that its only axle back. I dont think they have a full catback system for the lude, but I could be wrong. I looked into them a long time ago but decided to go with a thermal.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I researched them a little bit before i got my thermal. They are extremely well known for their motorcycle exhaust and many european cars use them as well. I'm pretty sure that only one dealer can get them in the U.S. and thats in Cali.

·
1995 VTi-R 5spd
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, thank for the feed back. I saw this exhaust on a 3rd Gen, but unfortunately it was not running (parked). It look really good, I'm not usually a sports tail pipe person, but this suited the lude really well. Looks like it could come from the factory, except for the Remus Fox logo on the end.

Hmmm, I have a little bit of rust on my rear muffle, so maybe I'll get this as a replacement! :D

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Remus is defently a well known Brand in Europe. I seen Remus exhuast on Audi's and VW a lot around NY area. they are a real good quality product and the sound is real nice and LOW. not even on top does it ever get raspy. My friend had a Remus muffler on his civic... sounded real nice. and deep.

·
Registered
325 Posts
mainly on VW's...my buddy has a full cat-back on his VR6 corrado...and it sounds soooo beautiful, it makes me really jealous...i am seriously thinking about getting a axle back muffler and some custom mandrel bent piping with a high flow cat...if you've ever heard one of those rip...you will love it!

it's a totally different sound then all the exhausts on honda's these days! Sounds beefy as hell, makes a VW feel like a porsche or something!

·
I'm back baby!
907 Posts
someone record one and post it....

and if you get one on your lude deffinately post a recording... heck I'll host it for ya even...

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
don't do it!

remus is ****.

trust someone who sees these exhausts every damn day.

with custom piping, you'll probably get the same performance as a thermal exhaust.

they're very quiet.

the build quality looks like **** when you put it next to an apexi or greddy. the metal they use is cheap.

the reason they're so popular on european cars (especially in europe) is they are one of THREE legal brands here!!! we have a choice between remus, supersprint, and sebring. thats it. so just because you see it on every other car doesn't mean its actually good.

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
nuro said:
don't do it!

remus is ****.

trust someone who sees these exhausts every damn day.

with custom piping, you'll probably get the same performance as a thermal exhaust.

they're very quiet.

the build quality looks like **** when you put it next to an apexi or greddy. the metal they use is cheap.

the reason they're so popular on european cars (especially in europe) is they are one of THREE legal brands here!!! we have a choice between remus, supersprint, and sebring. thats it. so just because you see it on every other car doesn't mean its actually good.
Ouch. Anyone else from that neck of the woods care to add their input?

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
i'd also like to add that europe is years behind as far as mods go, with the exception of some of the german stuff for german cars. i bring over all the US/japan goodies for my team here, and you should see how people react to very typical catback systems here. they see the quality of the metal, welding, fitment... they just drool, they've never seen anything like it.

i'll also add that within import car community here, remus is usually refered to "the safeway brand exhaust".

·
I'm back baby!
907 Posts
dang.... so what other systems have a good deep tone with out any raspiness?

Maybe something that sounds like that SRT-4 in the video..... That is a killer tone there..

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
you might want to try an muffler called "ragazzon". they put them mostly on italian cars here, they dont sound ricey at all IMO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts