Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good tips on removing curb scuffs off of your rims. I just hit one, mostly tire, but a little in two places on my Konig Reigns
. Damn you Rallys!!!! Well, any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
If you only knew the power of the Lude...
'98 Red Base Prelude
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - SCCA Solo2
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
Professional wheel refurbishing shop is the only way, unless anyone knows different?

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, how do they do it. If they can do it, then I am 90% sure that I can do it myself.

------------------
'98 Red Base Prelude
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
I'm not sure of the process, but it involves shot-blasting the rims and turning them to remove the damage.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, its a polished lip, I dont want to do any turning at all. Any kind of sanding techniques would really be the most beneficial.

------------------
'98 Red Base Prelude

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
All I can suggest is to look in your local yellow pages for a shop and ask them what they can do.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh man, there is no way in hell I am gonna call a shop to do this stuff and charge me $300 or whatever outrageous number for something that is not that bad and something that I can do myself. I am probably gonna just sand them down on day when it gets a little warmer and sr year cools down a little.

------------------
'98 Red Base Prelude

·
Registered
951 Posts
A dremel and a buffer wheel? I'm having a hard time picturing how much damage you're talking about.

Sanding by hand seems like a real good way to make things worse to me...

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its just a little scuff from rubbing up against a curb. Its nothing big at all. Im just looking for some tips or info from anyone who has taken them out themselves. Its not that big a deal...

What do you mean by a dremel and a butter wheel?

------------------
'98 Red Base Prelude

1 - 9 of 9 Posts