Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today a friend and i removed the resonator on my car from the ntpog instructions. After doing so we tied off the small rubber tube instead of removing it (either way works so the directions said). We then put everything back together. I got in started it up, LOVED the sound it makes now. But something was VERY wrong. The low end torque seems to have decreased DRASTICALLY, i am not sure what to do about that at all. I was told to reset my comp, that would help. So i am going to do that, but still it seems i am not going to gain my low end back just by doing that unfortunately. I loved the low end, even tho it is an SS, and i loved the pull at the top of first gear. I should be seeing an increase in top end, but i am not sure that i am. I loved the low end, I want that back, but if i put it back in, i'll never have that SOUND. I am probably thinking i am going to put it back in anyways
Does anyone have any ideas at all to help regain my low end back? Please help.
Thanks alot.
-Justin

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If you want the sound put the resonator assembly back but twist off the bottom section and plug it up with a pipe cap. this way you will keep your low end torque since you have the butterfly vavle in place.

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean
Could you be a little more detailed, trying to picture it but i cant heh.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude2k:
If you want the sound put the resonator assembly back but twist off the bottom section and plug it up with a pipe cap. this way you will keep your low end torque since you have the butterfly vavle in place.

</font>

·
Registered
653 Posts
the reason youre losing lowend torque is due to the fact of the restriction of the resonator which makes the engine work harder. thus more torque. i would say forget that resonator and get the aem CAI and thatll work better. your engine wont work as hard with the cai so go forthe better gas mileage.hope this helps man.

------------------
My Prelude! The patented multi-jumping makes you crazy sprinter and spin happy!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude182:
Not sure what you mean
Could you be a little more detailed, trying to picture it but i cant heh.
</font>
Take a look at the resonator unit that you've taken off, on the bottom of the unit you can twist off the resonator section, just leaving the butterfly valve section and where the air opening is. Next plug up the hole where you twisted off the resonator with a pipe cap and put back that unit with the vacuum attached to the butterfly valve again. The reason why you lost torque is that the the velocity of air comming in is slower than when you had it stock since the air opening is way larger when you took the resonator out.

You can just go the easy way and get an AEM CAI and forget the whole thing

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude2k:
Take a look at the resonator unit that you've taken off, on the bottom of the unit you can twist off the resonator section, just leaving the butterfly valve section and where the air opening is. Next plug up the hole where you twisted off the resonator with a pipe cap and put back that unit with the vacuum attached to the butterfly valve again. The reason why you lost torque is that the the velocity of air comming in is slower than when you had it stock since the air opening is way larger when you took the resonator out.

You can just go the easy way and get an AEM CAI and forget the whole thing

</font>

I think we should try it this way. If that doesn't get your torque back, we'll just go ahead and put it all back together. We'll do it saturday. I'm pullin mine then too. (Plus I have to find something to do with that darn starting air valve hose I left off before. I've been idleing at 600...)

-E-

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts