Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realize that they have headers and exhaust for our cars, are those just DC relabelled? Or they are specifically made for SC application?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If Eaton Makes their Super Charger Or what ever, What doe JR do? Do they Research and design the kit and the Eaton (what ever company it is) Builds it for them?

------------------
Leave it I Wanna Hear Vtec,Oh ShlT! Ur car blew up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From what I understand, the blower itself is an Eaton model and all of the parts that go with it are designed and fabricated by JR to customize it for the Prelude.

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If that's the case, I wonder if their header is any good since their header might have larger tubing.

Their exhaust is like a knock off Mugen/DC with the twin loop design.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VenPry:
From what I understand, the blower itself is an Eaton model and all of the parts that go with it are designed and fabricated by JR to customize it for the Prelude.</font>

·
Registered
75 Posts
Eaton does make the blowers and they dont hide that. They do make the rest of the kit including the electronics, fuel and the rest. They dont always hide what they relable(gauges, fpr, fuel pumps, flywheels). Regarding to the headers and exhaust, doesnt everyone copy each other? How many companies are coping Mugen? Well I can tell you the King Motorsports makes replicas pieces of the Mugen stuff and will sell it to you cheaper than the Mugen. Have you ever looked @ a DC header...kind of resembles a Mugen....hmmmm Ever been to a SEMA show? I guess not because if you were at the Long Beach show you would have seen 4 different versions of the Mugen Loop back muffler, that Jackson Racing is offering.

Say what you want, but most companies are/will copy each other. Look at the beloved TOO...that guy takes JacksonRacing designed kit with a Eaton blower, takes the people for an additional $1600 bucks and doesnt redesign/remanufacture anything. I think you guys are real quick to judge. Maybe it is becaus JR is a reputable company that has been around for years. If they make good stuff, its not the most expensive and it give good performance, I will buy it. I dont care what sticker I can put on my car or in my signature. More power to them if they make a good version and it makes HP...that is what we are looking for isnt it?

[This message has been edited by hopen_luder (edited April 18, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
As for the exhaust, it looks closer to a Mugen with one can rather than the DC's with two cans. I e-mailed them MONTHS ago asking when it would be available and they wrote back "sometime in the summer," so it will be a while I'm sure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You know it must be delay because they didnt even have a muffler or header on their SH @ the longbeach show. I am wondering what the delay is. Are they making them in America or oversees?

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hopen_luder:
Have you ever looked @ a DC header...kind of resembles a Mugen....hmmmm</font>
The DC header in no way resembles a Mugen header. The primaries on the DC are about the same length as the stock one and the primaries on the Mugen one are much longer (not quite 2 times as long). The tubes from the 4-2 to 2-1 merges are ovalized on the Mugen header and round on the DC one. Yes all headers resemble each other but that's because they are all made in similar manner using the same principals.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
924 Posts
all jr does is take the eaton sc and modify it to work with the car. or at least as well as they can seeing how they have trouble with getting there sc's to work with the cars computer correctly. they try and get it to work with the engine as best as possible so it will be more reliable and ish.

------------------
[email protected]
aim - nookish
icq - 45146259

------------------
my car
1990 Integra RS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts