Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am just wondering what it is. last time i just reved it and waited till the cut off and i jammed on the gas and it hit 8 max and it dropped down so what time does the thing redline at? want to know so if i get a shift light i know what to set it at.

------------------

aLwAyS lOoKiNg To Go FaStEr
2000 Crystal Blue Base Prelude
OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT
Dc Front Upper Strut Tower Bar
Dc Rear Lower Strut Tower Bar
Mobil One Synthetic 5w-30
AUDIO:Alpine 7965 CD deck,Mtx Thunder 304 @ 375 Watts, Mtx Thunder 302 @ 400 Watts Powering A 12 Inch Mtx 8000, and Alpine 12 Disc Cd Changer

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
when racing, i shift @ 8 on the tach. Thats about 75xx on my V-AFC.

------------------

www.importheart.com
Whos your DelTapywa?
I got these Jammies.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The real fuel cut off for the 5th gen is at 7700 rpms accoring to the helm manual. The tach is way off but I'm not sure how you set the shift light. Don't set it for fuel cut off on the factory tach as the shift light will never come on.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm but it cuts off at 8 so isnt that a little toooo close the red line. that might make some loss in time if it accidently cuts into the 8

------------------

OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT
AUDIO:Alpine 7965 CD deck,Mtx Thunder 304 @ 375 Watts, Mtx Thunder 302 @ 400 Watts Powering A 12 Inch Mtx 8000, and Alpine 12 Disc Cd Changer

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Hm...well..i don't have another tach.. so i use the factory tach...i always shift at 8k rpms as indicated..even though i know it's off.

BoYgUaN: did you order a Zeta kit and bulbs for me? Thanks..just in case..

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well as for the people with the zeta kits. no one replied the the emails that i sent out. those emails asked for names and stuff. i got none back so i didnt take any orders. i need 5 orders before i can do it.

------------------

OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT

·
Registered
296 Posts
actually... our stock preludes are off...thats why our rev limiter is at 7500-7600 on a monster tach or a vtec controler...so if u get a shift light, get pills 7000-8000

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so you guys are telling me that every prelude has a different redline or limiter on the stock tach. that sucks hahahah

------------------

OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT

·
Registered
149 Posts
On the matter of shiftlights....

only Phamine answered my questions for the tachs, and i need more information!! I dun really have a dying need a tach, but I really do need a shiftlight. is there anyway to hookup one of those penlights so that it lights up at whatever RPM I set it at? Of course if I can get a tach like below for not too expensive, I will jump for it. But if its too pricey, I was wondering if I can just get a shiftlight hooked up. Anyone??

Pls look at the pic, and look at the thread for my questions.

http://honda-acura.net/forum/Forum20/HTML/010080.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts