Honda Prelude Online banner

41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
if i am dropped with eibach prokit which supposed to be 1.3 inch (although they drop probably about 1.5 inches..:) ) with +48 offset, will it be okay to use 225/40/18 tire size?? or should i just stick to 225/35/18?

thanks guys!!

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I would stay with 225/35/18's. There are lots of people that have had success with that setup. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
thanks, yeah i'll probably stay with 225/35/18..hehe
don't wanna take the risk of rubbing.

·
Registered
880 Posts
how about with this setup

18x7" Gunmetal, 5x4.5 B.C., +42mm

if i get 215/35/18 will i have to shave of the plastic part in the rear?

i am dropped on h&r race springs on stock shocks

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
trulegend said:
how about with this setup

18x7" Gunmetal, 5x4.5 B.C., +42mm

if i get 215/35/18 will i have to shave of the plastic part in the rear?

i am dropped on h&r race springs on stock shocks
I had success with 17x7 w/ +43mm and 215/40/17's lowered on a Pro-Kit.

The setup you descibed has a lower offset (slightly), and the tire has a slightly larger overall diameter. You will definately have to shave the rear bumper "tabs". There are better (safer) setups out there. Also, not much protection for the wheels with the 35 series tire.

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
No, you don't trim the whole thing off. It is just extra material on the bumper. They aren't doing anything besides wearing on your tire. :)

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I just used a dremmel to remove the rear tabs in the back. No more rubbing..... big note: if you file it down, you will be there for quite a while.

--Sam

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
so is the WORK RSZ-R wheels good 16x7 +44 offset will be runnin es100 205-50 tires on them.. m i gonna have any camber or rubbin??

also how bout the GT-7 17x7 offset is offer in these ## /+42/+49
tires prolly 215-45 ??
m i gonna have any camber or rubbin??

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am looking at some Konig Imagine 18 x 7.5 with a +45mm offset for a 6th gen. I plan on lowering the car about 1.5". With this setup will I have rubbing problems with 225/35/18 tires? I am wondering since +48mm minimum is recommended.
Thanks,
TooFast

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
can a 5th gen run 225/45/17 cuz the tires i want only got this sz.

my rims volks gt-7 17x7 with a +42 off set

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You're already on the verge of rubbing with a 215/40 17, imo. A 225/45 17 is wider AND taller making your chances even higher. It will also effictively make your gearing taller making you slower off the line, although decreasing rpm's during highway cruising.

Mugenlude:
would you mind adding a "Winter recommendations" portion to the initial post so this info can be included:
http://preludeonline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149799
nice to know info that everyone could benefit from.

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
is ok i can back the speed up with more boost.. =D but i just dont wanna rub.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When changing your wheel tire combo, is it important to maintain a constant (or very close) overall diameter? I haven't heard anyone mention anything about speedometer's being off because of larger/smaller ratios. Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, i didn't read closely enough on the first post. Search is your friend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First, this is an outstanding piece of research! Thank you.

I'm considering buying wheels from you (BTW - your wheels are beautiful) for my '94 Prelude which is lowered 1.3" in front, 1" rear.

Now my question.
Currently, I have 17 X 7, +40, Koenig wheels with 215/40/17 tires which fit very well (the wheels are very scratched and need replacement) for street use.
I autocross with Enkie 16 X 7, +40, wheels with Falkin Azenis 205/45/16 tires which also fit very well but the wheels are constructed such that it's difficult to thread the lug nuts and I've had to replace a cross-threaded stud at the equivalent cost of a new wheel, so I'm thinking about replacing them too.

I'm considering switching to a 17 X 7.5, +45, wheel for both uses and using Falkin Azenis 225/45/17 tires for autocross.

This discussion suggests that, for a 7.5" wheel an offset of 44 - 47 mm is a "gray area" where the risk of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well is higher, especially if the tire is larger than OEM ( 23.9")...the 225/45/17 Falkin is 25.0".

Your discussion, however, says that a +40 offset on a 7" wheel is "not recommended if you are lowered" although both my current wheels are +40's and work fine.

I'm confused!!

I've already been burnt once, a year ago, when despite my best efforts to buy an appropriate racing wheel, they didn't fit...I lost nearly $800 on that one and don't want to make another stupid mistake.

My current desire is to use 17 X 7.5, +45 wheels for both the 215/40/17 street tires and for 225/45/17 autocross tires.

You comments would be most appreciated!

:nono:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, hopefully I'm not killing you all by asking this question. I'm just into modifing my '92 Prelude and I want to get some new wheels. I really would love to get the SSR Type-C 17x7.5 rims. They have a 42 offset to them. I was also looking at getting the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 215/40/17. I am planning on putting the TEIN S.Tech springs and KYB AGX Gas Shocks onto the car as well. I am new to cars and determining the proper wheel size is driving me crazy. :) Any recomendations? If I have to, i can lower to a 16x8 rim size on the Type-C's with and offset of 45. I'd really like 17's though. I apreciate the help!

41 - 60 of 141 Posts