Honda Prelude Online banner

1501 - 1520 of 1537 Posts

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
yea been eyeing it for a while but was never in a hurry, then Ram started dropping deals and got 27% off. Chrysler Capital was aggressive on the financing too. My first truck and already enjoying it.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Interested in what you think of it after you have it for a bit. Which model and engine did you get?

I shouldn’t, but I want to look at the 2020 GMC Denali dually and the F450 Limited. :)

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,152 Posts
27% off, what the f*ck are you a wizard? That's crazy man. I wonder if they're having problems moving inventory or something.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
i didnt even have to haggle to get that price, factory inventive was 15% off select models (mine was on lot for 6 months) in addition to any dealer discounts. Several ones I put on a list to look at got sold in a couple days. Got 18k off or so on a 67.5k vehicle. ~53.5k OTD. Find me a vehicle that has all that for that price. I know see why trucks are popular. Cant even get a decent luxury sedan or crossover for that price.

Ram Limited 4x4, 5.7 Hemi (duh!), Level 1 Group (19 speaker harman kardon, buncha safety stuff, vented rear seats, etc), 33 gallon tank, 22" wheels (i took these off and put the standard 20" limited ones on as pictured), panoramic sunroof, trailer brake controller.

They were probably getting rid of 2019 stuff since 2020 is around the corner.

heres the sticker for it:

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFHT5KN697534

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
My one example of Made in Mexico cars was my VW Golf Sport (1995), the dead pedal was always wobbly. It was basically built into the carpet and should've covered an actual pedestal. When I pulled up the carpet I found a rolled up wad of duct tape shoved into the void of the carpet to make up for the actual missing part. Worse was the US dealer trying to tell me it probably happened during dealer prep as opposed to at assembly since I questioned every part of the build once I found that.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
I've been wanting a small, lightweight laptop for a while since my laptop is from 2012. Finally pulled the trigger and bought a Dell XPS 13 (new model - 9380). 16GB memory, 1TB SSD, and 4k screen. I like it so far, but I have to get used to the idea of only having TB3 and USB C connectors.

I am hoping the USB C to Ethernet and USB C to USB A adapters work fine to connect to the stuff in the track car. I'll have to spring for a hub at some point too for all those connectors and HDMI.

But so far so good. Super light, screen is great, and doesn't get too warm when running.

·
3,152 Posts
Can you shoot some pics of the connector ports it does have? I didn't know they started deleting standard ports from computers already...

·
12,807 Posts
I love that USB-C charging is a thing now!

Don't always have to carry the humongous brick charger. Plus having the option to use a battery pack to get that extra bit of runtime is killer!

That said... USB-C and the various standards (thunderbolt 3, usb 3.1, 3.0, 2.0, etc etc) is utterly retarded. Just the fact that they use identical plugs. All TB3 plugs support USBC, but not all USBC plugs support TB3. Get your sh1t together peoples!!! If you have to have a video to explain it it's already too confusing.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Can you shoot some pics of the connector ports it does have? I didn't know they started deleting standard ports from computers already...
I can take some pics, but here is a PDF that shows all the ports: https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/xps-13-9380-laptop_service-manual_en-us.pdf EDIT: Of course Dell's web links suck. I'll try and post some pics.

It has two Thunderbolt 3 ports on the left and a USB C 3.1 port along with a Micro SD on the right. All 3 allow for power delivery, and the AC adapter is tiny compared to my other laptops.

Also the bluetooth appears to be much more reliable - I've been using it with a BT mouse and it's worked great and nice not having to occupy a USB slot.

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,517
Haven't installed these yet (debadging of the Stinger's rear taking place first), but picked up the Maxton (based in the UK) rear spoiler and front splitter. Since SOME people complained about me posting big pictures, I'm attaching one this time out. ;)

IMG_20191006_185531.jpg

·
3,152 Posts
Are you gonna leave the wrapping on the spoiler when you install it, like all the Dodge people leave their yellow guards on their chin spoilers? :laugh:

·
3,152 Posts
How hard is it to hook up the Ring cam?
I'm thinking of getting that doorbell and maybe a few cameras for my house.

1501 - 1520 of 1537 Posts