Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 1537 Posts

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep thinking we have a similar thread before, but since I can't find it, starting a new one. :) Post your recent purchases!

If everyone remembered my post back in February, my running partner and I did the SandMine Challenge race dressed as Lara Croft and Indiana Jones. The shirt and some of the accessories replicated what Indy wore, but due to time, I had to cut corners and got the most inexpensive versions of his outfit...the whip, fedora, and bag.

This coming weekend, she and I are going to the St. Louis ComicCon. Since I had more lead time, I did a bit of spending, and two of those pieces showed up the last few days. The first one, I replaced the "play" whip for a real whip (10 ft, 12 plait), which its specs/quality are pretty close to what Indy used. I'm in the process of breaking it in (actually whipping) for authenticity.

Then, I replaced my inexpensive replica Indy fedora (which I'm giving to my son) with a significantly higher quality/price and more screen-accurate (by dimensions and material quality) version. They typically arrive as an "open crown" (not shaped yet), so I had to do what was called an "Indy bash", which means first shaping the brim with the proper tilt (it came flat all the way around), then the crown itself I make a dimple across the top and shape the pinch in the front. The result so far is below. I need to keep shaping it here and there, but it's pretty much done.

I also received a replica WWII-era British gas mask bag, which Indy used as a pouch/bag (not pictured). I'll post that pic if I remember.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
This was delivered a little over a week ago:

This will get delivered in a week or so (is on backorder):

Bought this for the kiddo last week:

and bought these for the truck:

It was an expensive week, but the shocks made a HUGE difference in ride quality, we're now able to do laundry again, and my kiddo was stoked with his new bike. :D

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
Last cool thing I purchased was a 8 person poker table for the basement, which was about 2 months ago.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,889 Posts
Bought myself some Monster Energy drinks this morning. Couldn't control myself.

·
11,003 Posts
new snowboard/bindings setup

You bought a split board? Or just the normal SL?
I was between the SL and Proto CT when I decided on the Proto. Although I have some regrets not going with the SL, I'm loving the Proto as is.

Recent purchases:

Cole Haan Air Madison Oxford

Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey - one of my favorite affordable bottles

1 - 20 of 1537 Posts