Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the installation of a High-flow cat (Last october-ish) i will randomly get a CEL. Sometimes I get 1-2 CEL's a week. Other times I wont see it for a week or two, so the frequency varies greatly. I carry a code checker/clear tool everywhere I go so I clear the error.

I had thought that maybe I had a faulty cat and I ws trying to send it back.

Well, I was on another forum regarding my Dodge pick-up and I read where a few others installed a high-flow cat, yadda, yadda, yadda, now they intermittently get a CEL P0420 error code.

Anyways, there was another poster that replied talking about an O2 simulator.

I was wondering if anyone had heard of such a thing and if there was one available for our cars (Prelude 97-01).

Maybe even schematics?

I figured I cant be the only one on the planet running into such an issue.

Thanks

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
Yep, go buy to "HELP!" spark plug anti-foulers. Drill one with a 1/2" bit, then screw them together. Screw this into the cat, then screw in the O2 sensor.

I'll build you one for $18, :jape:.

·
Registered
291 Posts
hey man..go to Welcome to JHPUSA.com! - JHPUSA on look up cel eliminator..then go to ebay and purchase it cause the dont allow sales to be completed under 20 bucks..jhp has a ebay account..or you could go to your local auto parts stor and get 2 spark plug anti foulers..

here is the the thread all about this.. http://www.preludeonline.com/f93/test-pipe-check-engine-233064/

BLOX 02 CEL Eliminator - JHPUSA

eBay Motors: BLOX 02 CEL CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ELIMINATOR SENSOR (item 110334897509 end time Jan-13-09 16:52:59 PST)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts