Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my car wont go into second gear. it's got to be a trans problem, and i dont know whether to have mine rebuilt or to just buy another one. i dont know exactly what is wrong, it could be a broken shift fork, something bent, or a synchro?

i am planning on dropping my trans for my clutch install anyway, so im thinking now, since i dont have any money, that i can just take it somewhere to get rebuilt. one place quoted me 240, another place quoted me 400. (honda shop & dsm shop respectively). i have no idea what those prices include, what should i ask them? should i take it to one of these performance shops or should i take it to an actual shop that specializes in transmissions? what all should be replaced, aside from whats causing me to not be able to get into second? what have you guys done/experienced?

Ben

·
Registered
616 Posts
wow, 240 for a rebuild and I would hop all over that, but I would definately ask them what that includes, then post it in here.

The new transmission way is always a better way, but I understand if your pressed for money, I guarantee that will be me in a few months ;). - M

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i found out the 240 was just for labor and that doesnt include taking the trans out and putting it back in. who knows how much parts will be and or what parts i will actually need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts