Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1994 VTEC and it's spent enough of its life outdoors that the plastic trim piece at the bottom of the rear windshield is completely fried. The plastic/rubber surface of that piece is cracked opened, brittle, peeling, and just overall very ugly and bad. Is there any way to fix this? I checked online parts websites and that piece is no longer sold/made. I get the feeling this happens on a lot of the older Preludes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
redleader,
My 3rd gen rear trim did the same. The car sat in the sun for 20 years and voila!
I think it may require pulling the glass and substituting the trim with something else. That will cost paid-labor and be hard to justify.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After further review, I see it is just a trim piece that screws on. I'm guessing you would have to get lucky and find a nicer one at a junk yard, given they come off and on without total destruction.

It is a metal/plastic strip combination. Under the plastic part are ~10 screws across the back. To turn the screws, you'll have to break the plastic part off. That's ultimately what I did so I could take the strip off and re-paint it black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts