Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About how long does this take if you've read the NTPOG page on it like a dozen times and you've spent a considerable amount of time under the car examining the rear suspension to see how it works? I have ALL the tools needed for this too. I'm trying to gauge how early I have to wake up tomorrow before I have to leave to go to work (in the early afternoon to take care of some crap).

Any input? Thanks in advance.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hey Joon...took me about 45min. It's a very straighforward installation. You shouldn't have any problems....Good luck!

-justin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
About how long does this take if you've read the NTPOG page on it like a dozen times and you've spent a considerable amount of time under the car examining the rear suspension to see how it works? I have ALL the tools needed for this too. I'm trying to gauge how early I have to wake up tomorrow before I have to leave to go to work (in the early afternoon to take care of some crap).

Any input? Thanks in advance.

</font>

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
well it took me like 2 hours. cuz it was a ***** to take the bolts off of my muffler. i couldnt get it in with the muffler in the way (the bolts were rusted like a B!TCH). its pretty simple.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
HEY! how come i asked the same thing a while bakc and nobody answered me? but, nooooooo..."Mr Moderator" gets all the replies! j/k...i dont really care.

But i will tell you this, you don't HAVE TO take off the stock muffler...at least i didn't. Taking the stock sway bar off is a breeze...just use a good extension, break the torque on the endlinks (very easy, unlike exhaust bolts!) and spend about 15min wiggling the stock one out. Transfer the endlinks onto the new one, lube up the bushings and you're ready to put the new one in - this is the tough part. With the muffler in place, i had to position the jack stand on the rear driver's side over to the front driver's side to give me enough room to move it around. It helps to have someone help you too, as the bar is pretty heavy to be moved around easily. Other than that, get a good universal socket adaptor for one of the bolts for the mounting bracket on the drivers side (the one closest to the fuel tank). That about covers everything!

------------------
'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor

[This message has been edited by iranman (edited April 13, 2001).]

·
Registered
906 Posts
Uhh, just a word to the wise, if you are using ST rear sways, CHECK the endlink hole diameter BEFORE you begin...I got mine and they were too damn small. Luckily my friend had a tool to enlarge it.

I was reading a post about a year ago on this, about someone who got the rear bar, had other instructions for it- so never checked the bar out before taking off the stock one- then realizing that he'd have to send the bar back in to get fixed, and THEN put the stock bar back on. He wasn't happy to say the least...

Moral of the story- look B4 you leap.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spocko:
Uhh, just a word to the wise, if you are using ST rear sways, CHECK the endlink hole diameter BEFORE you begin...I got mine and they were too damn small. Luckily my friend had a tool to enlarge it.

I was reading a post about a year ago on this, about someone who got the rear bar, had other instructions for it- so never checked the bar out before taking off the stock one- then realizing that he'd have to send the bar back in to get fixed, and THEN put the stock bar back on. He wasn't happy to say the least...

Moral of the story- look B4 you leap.
</font>
I already checked and unless my eyes are deceiving me it'll work. Thanks for the advice though.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problems with the holes....fit fine. I think my shock knock has disappeared. I had a jack, tools, jackstands and a big wodden board in the car at the time though so maybe that extra weight stopped the amount of travel in the suspension? I'll check again later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts