Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought a 99 prelude two days ago. the rear speakers are super super quiet.
is something wrong with my amp?
any ideas to fix it?
where do i get a new amp?
also, what would happen if i put a new stereo in?

i would really appreciate any help!
thanks

yes i checked the fad and balanced. when i put it to only the rear speakers they are really quiet

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
did you check the fade/balance setting?

·
Registered
45 Posts
if your rear speakers are still playing and you can still hear them somewhat check all your wiring, could be bad wires or a poor connection

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure the fad and balance knobs are in the middle in order to let all the speakers rear and front work! if your Audio system is honda, in order to manipulate the fad and balance, you need to pull them all the way out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
dude.. get an after market cd player.. those rear speakers kick ass.. everyone thinks i have subs.. but i dont.. with my pioneer. i turned the rears into subs... and my fronts for only sounds(no bass), i need to rammat my trunk now..

·
Registered
28 Posts
i donk think theres a amp pushing your stock rear speakers ...your deck pushes them check your wires and your settings

·
Registered
45 Posts
there is no amp pushing those speakers just check your wiring and you should be good to go. and pincetn the rear speakers in the preludes do sound pretty damn good for their time but throw some 6x9 rockford fosgate powers back there and get a amp to push them and then you will get some good mid range bass, cause there is no way that your rear speakers sound like subs as far as clearity and low bass goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts