Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the infinity meet with my girl and i noticed there was a guy there who had his rear deck ported. His car sounded good as hell. Had my girl not been running my set up he could have easily out beat her on the spl meter. I read online it can give u a 1/2 a db increase. Im just wondering does anyone knows the size port needed in the rear deck of a 5th gen prelude

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
That's a good question. I'm sure there is a size that is the most effecient, but it also probably depends on placement as well.

I am currently running a 3-way set-up in my lude, which means I am not using the rear speakers as "fill". I removed them totally and put back the stock speaker covers, so technically it allows a little more sound to come through. Maybe you want to test that out at an SPL competition and see if the db's read a little higher before you permanently cut or mount a port.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ok

Ill have to try that. Ill probaly try it wednesday. Hey do you know how to remove the door tweeter? I dnt wanna break it. I jus gt my new tweeters and i want to replace them but im scared to try it

·
Registered
20 Posts
@gtf: what speakers are you running? I got great speakers into the stock location but had to make a wood mount. but mine completely fits under the door panel and speaker cover..

Porting is not the easiest option. I built a custom box for the car and had it fire into the cabin with the backseat flipped down.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Ill have to try that. Ill probaly try it wednesday. Hey do you know how to remove the door tweeter? I dnt wanna break it. I jus gt my new tweeters and i want to replace them but im scared to try it
If you pull the chrome door handle forward, you will see small plastic door that holds a screw. Once that screw is removed, the tweeter/door latch mechanism should slide towards the windshield and then you can pull and angle it out.

The tweeter should be attached by two brackets, each with it's own screw.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanx. Pulled the old ones out and ran my new tweets ran to my amp. Music is sounding wayyyy better now. I guess ill slide my new amp in in the morning. Gtf U did some great work with that screen, Make me proud to have a 5th gen. Haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the event you pull the stainless- door handle frontward, you will discover small plastic doorway that holds a screw. Once which screw is removed, the tweeter doorway latch mechanism should slide towards the windshield and then you can certainly pull and angle it out.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
you're about a year late LOL. Check the last dates before you post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts