Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been discussed on here but has anyone done a write up on this? I have been searching and I have come across a few things but nothing too good. I have the housing and the amp with the ten pin connector but I am not that experienced with car audio. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
hell yeah, I would also like to know this. I have the speaker cover and the sub. Plan to install this Spring. I thought non-vtecs are prewired for the sub.

Isn't there a connector blue taped to the harness back there? I always thought this is plug and play mod.

If the S and Si are not pre-wired for this, it would be awesome to see a writeup. If you decide to do this, please make a DIY. We will add it to FAQ.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i can figure it out I will definitely do a write up. From what I have read the VTECS have a different wiring harness from the S and Si but I will take my seats out later this week and see what I can come up with. My car is wired for an amp and sub but I took them out because it was taking up the entire trunk. So maybe if it is not prewired I can go off what was added...

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
If i can figure it out I will definitely do a write up. From what I have read the VTECS have a different wiring harness from the S and Si but I will take my seats out later this week and see what I can come up with. My car is wired for an amp and sub but I took them out because it was taking up the entire trunk. So maybe if it is not prewired I can go off what was added...
yeah, that would be great if you can check that out! one of us definitely neds to make writeup on this. I'm gonna wait until Spring or Summer to install mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its been like 10 degrees here the past couple days but its supposed to back in the 60's by the end of the week so Ill take the seats out and look at what ive got.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so i removed my seats and divider and there is no wiring for the sub, only what was put in when I had my sub in the trunk installed. The other wire im assuming goes to the fuel pump. So I put the bracket and amp on and took some pics. I figure i can use the wiring from my old sub and get that to work?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is real easy once you figure out what you're doing. Ill take some pics sometime this week before I put mine back in and do a quick write up.

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read that post before I started this thread...I still havent put the seats back in my car because I still havent wired the sub yet. Im trying to find a sub that will work decent with this setup. I might just buy a 6.5'' free air sub and put it in the brack and wire it with my old wiring...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've done the swap before. All I did was splice into the other rear speakers and it worked great. Done this to two Preludes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is supposed to be a 2 ohm 6X9 but they dont make those anymore. Kicker makes a 6.5'' open air sub that doesnt have to go in a box and I heard it sounded good so I might go that route but Im still not sure....

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
It is supposed to be a 2 ohm 6X9 but they dont make those anymore. Kicker makes a 6.5'' open air sub that doesnt have to go in a box and I heard it sounded good so I might go that route but Im still not sure....
is that a 6.5" in diameter? My question is, how are you gonna install a round speaker in the bracket that is meant for a 6X9? I really hope you make a DIY for this, that way I can just follow what you did and call it a day.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it should fit right into the bracket as far as i know and then just make new hole for the screws. Im not sure yet but ill let you know when I figure it out...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts