Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm having this problem a few weeks ago... when I step on the brake, the rear passenger side brake makes this "clock clock clock" sound. The frequency of the noise is linear with the speed(slower the car moves, slower the frequency of the clocking sound)

I was told by the dealership that this may be a result of a warpped roter. I'll be taking the car in for a more detail inspection next week.

Anyone here had this problem?

I have a Gen5 Non-SH

------------------

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have the same problem after i got my rotors ahved. He told me it was going to happen if i needed new rotors so i'm getting cross drilled rotors all around.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
checked already...not loose.. i'm taking the car in for a more detailed inspection tomorrow

------------------

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok .. came back from the dealer today.. they took some measurements of the rotor.. it is warpped.. they say it's from overheating (braking too hard)

so I need a new rotor.. so dum..

------------------

·
Registered
338 Posts
Warped rotors - mostly from overtightening of lug nuts...Preferably using the torque wrench. Better check the fronts rotors too..It's probably due.

I have a buddy who can get Brembo Cross-Drilled rotors if you want them...They are so much better then OEM...and cost less 20% less than OEM. Since he's rep for Brembo..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Warped rotors - mostly from overtightening of lug nuts...Preferably using the torque wrench. Better check the fronts rotors too..It's probably due.

I have a buddy who can get Brembo Cross-Drilled rotors if you want them...They are so much better then OEM...and cost less 20% less than OEM. Since he's rep for Brembo..

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no.. i hand torque my lugs when i swap wheels every season..
So they're not due to over torquing..

also, there are signs of areas where the rotor are experiencing excess ware all around, which can only be caused by overheating... dam

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98SHDiamond:

</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts