Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had to replace the rear bearings on their ludes? Is this easy to do it yourself? I'm thinking of buying the parts from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and installing them myself to save money on labor and parts. At low speeds especially, my rear wheels create an annoying "hum." I got it checked out and the mechanic told me the bearings needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
bboyskillet said:
Has anyone ever had to replace the rear bearings on their ludes? Is this easy to do it yourself? I'm thinking of buying the parts from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and installing them myself to save money on labor and parts. At low speeds especially, my rear wheels create an annoying "hum." I got it checked out and the mechanic told me the bearings needed to be replaced.
The rear wheel bearings aren't too difficult, the fronts are more involved. Check out this thread. Are you sure both rear bearings are bad? That'd be odd for both to need replacing at once.

If you need a rear bearing, I have one you can buy - $100 shipped. Brand new, never been installed, let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts