Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so i have the common problem on my lude with the weatherstripping that goes along the bottom of the door windows where the black is flaking off and stuff and i wanna know if anyone knows where to get them in good used condition or new. I called a honda dealer and they want like 70 for each strip!!!!!!

·
4ce fed H22
1,041 Posts
its cheaper to buy that black trim tape and recover them. Do a search, there is a write up on here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
ok guys so i have the common problem on my lude with the weatherstripping that goes along the bottom of the door windows where the black is flaking off and stuff and i wanna know if anyone knows where to get them in good used condition or new. I called a honda dealer and they want like 70 for each strip!!!!!!
you can do the tape, but i recommend painting them.

i painted my friend's civic's wipers and molding. the wipers i simply used a scuff pad and sprayed them first with rustoleum automotive primer and then sprayed them with rustoleum black satin. did the same for the molding except i used a wire brush attachment on a grinder to remove all the rubber. this also prepared the metal surface for good adhesion for the primer. then i sprayed these with the same paint. once they cured for a couple days they were good to go. three months and a long winter and they're still keeping together. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I actually saw a set of these on ebay no more than 2 days ago, I don't know if the auction ended yet, but last I saw they were at $96

·
Registered
517 Posts
You have to remove the door panel, and mirror to remove and replace or paint.
Here are the Honda OEM part#
72410-S30-003 MOLDING ASSY., R. FR. DOOR $51.69 list is $63.82
72450-S30-003 MOLDING ASSY., L. FR. DOOR $51.69 list is $63.82

#3 & #4 in this parts view.

San Leandro Honda Online Parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts