Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out yesterday and put on my CAI (AEM), Valve cover, plugs,wires,Carbon fiber bezel,indiglo gauges.

When i was putting on the valve cover and etc. under the hood i disconnected my battery, while i was at it doing that i also took off my gauges. Now when we were done under the hood we put the battery back online, and i forgot about my gauge cluster was off. when i went to put it back on and start the car up it hesitated to turn over, but it turned over... it did this 3 times like my battery was drained or something...on the 3rd time it didnt turn over... it just clicked.

Now here's my question:

1. When we had the gauge cluster off and was working on cluster did the electronics think that it was plugged in or on and it made my battery stay on and thats why its drained. or is it my alternator. ( if i have to replace what should i get? Opt. Yellow top?

2. I have a SS Lude, and when i went to put in the gauges they stickin to the needle, we loaded it with tape and it still is sticking alittle... Does anyone have any solutions short of not taking them out?

I know i'm going to have to run a load test on both the battery and the altanator, but has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks for the help in advance guys :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
I doubt having your guages unplugged did anything to drain your battery. I'm pretty much certain. Your alternator could be going out and your battery was drained since it hadn't been getting charged. I would suggest putting your battery on a charger for a while and then try starting your car. This will probably fix everything, if not go to a local parts store and they can test your alternator for free.

as for your layovers on your guages, your only option is to take the guage back out and try to tape them better or glue the layovers to your guage cluster (use some super glue if you never ever plan on going back to the stock face, as this will probably discolor the face and leave blemishes). other than that there isn't much you can do, short of getting rid of the layovers and doing the bimmer guage mod (hint hint)

/jp

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
When taping the guages, make sure you're using thin double sided tape.

Also, try taping the outsides, cuz if you tape it too close towards the needles, it can basically raise the guages there and possibly add to the needles sticking.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i had the same problem...not only did i tape the outside i put ds tape in the middle very close towards the needles and no more stick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts