Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was raining all day today and i have drove my car into deep puddle ( up to the kneed). well guess what, my car just stall out. i thought that i could just sit there for it to dry out, but it was a more serious issues. after hours of sitting on the side of the road, the car still won't start. later i found out that the fourth piston had water in it. i try to dry it out and it start for a little bit, but it sound really f*** up with a lot of smoke going out my exhaust. Then i check my oil, there was no oil in there. i have add more oil in and recheck, but still no oil. then i saw oil all over the ground, what could this be? is there a hold in my engine? my friend told me that you need to get a new engine because it f up now with water in it and all. well just want to share with everyone. i'm so piss right now. DON'T every use Cold Air Intake in the rain. urrrr...

HelP!!!
would warranty cover hydrolock?

If i have to replace my engine, where can i order JDM engine and what is the best engine to drop in the lude?

and how much am i looking at?

·
I'm back!
1,284 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro............I live in Seattle, we get tons of rain, my AEM CAI seems to be fine!!!!!!!

As far as warranties go, you have altered your Intake System, your warranty for that part of the car is voided.........

·
Registered
690 Posts
bro when you take back, just slap the orginal intake whatever you do, dont bring it in with the cold air, and just tell ya its broken they cant prove shlt

·
On the 2nd Prelude
2,736 Posts
Yes they can prove ****, and they will.

you have to cut a hole in the metal to allow the cold air intake to pass through. that can't be undone.

Sorry to say it, but if you locked it up that bad, you're done. There is no way in hell they will cover that. They will go to extremem lengths to NOT cover that.

www.hmotorsonline.com sells the JDM h22, $1050. probably your best bet.

·
Registered
318 Posts
they will figure it out............i remember that wrx running 18psi and he changed his car back and someone emailed all subura dealers near him telling them that he might come in:laugh:

·
On the 2nd Prelude
2,736 Posts
AtlLudeRider said:
thanks a lot for all of your opinions. yeah, i was thinking of putting the oem intake back on and bring it in. i also have the ecu workaround, whould they check all that?
absolutely. They'll be looking for any excuse not to warranty that engine.

·
Drives a used Dodge
24,594 Posts
LaZy CrEaTiOn said:
bro when you take back, just slap the orginal intake whatever you do, dont bring it in with the cold air, and just tell ya its broken they cant prove shlt
:rolleyes: are you serious? honda dealer isnt stupid you know. Yea the connecting rods and everything bent by themselves, please.... There is still going to be water all inside the engine, its blatantly obvious what happened when they open it up

Sorry warranty will not cover hydrolock it was caused directly by the cold air intake, you are out of luck, Im sorry. best thing to do is swap in a engine. Hydrolocking is instant death to any engine, major damage to critical components, pistons, connecting rods, crank, it would be cheaper to go with an engine swap.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kinda funny haw you can get a JDM H22 long block for not a whole lot more than a set of nice new Tein HAs.

Anyway, don't try to get that covered under warranty. They will figure it out. Even if they didn't, they shouldn't be liable for your mistake.

I am truly sorry that this happened, and I feel bad for you, but people that get their mistakes covered under warranty is one reason the rates are so damn high.

·
Premium Member
5,595 Posts
Damn, that sucks. As for taking your car in for warranty, don't even bother. As soon as the pull the head off the motor they will see what happened, and have good reason to point the fault at an aftermarket CAI. Not to be a dick or anything, but a lot of times people don't know a whole lot about what they are doing when they alter their car from stock format. Anyways, your best bet is to buy another motor. Another thing you might want to consider is cutting your CAI down into a short-ram intake.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this is not my month. Every years when it come to May, there is something wrong. My best friend got two speeding ticket in the same day, the other one got hit in the front right fender bumper. As for me, i got my lude hydrolock. And later to find out that my oil is leaking. i haven't figer out if it have a hole in the block or not.

anyway, what best to do?

bring the car into the dealership to get an engine swap or find a shop to do it?
can i drop a Type s engine in? and if so, where can i order the type s engine?

look like i will be with out a car for a while....this suk.

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
2,029 Posts
Yea. I blew up my motor ... and it was my own bad... and i paid to fix it. dont try to warranty it. Its not right. its not legal. and its not fair.

And i agree, you shouldnt be swiming in your prelude. Its ment for street use :) Also to the knee in water, will hose your motor for sure. Think of where the cold air sits. Inches above the bumper. So once you covered your side-marker, it was done. And thats at like a barly over a foot.

·
Registered
807 Posts
It sucks that you broke your own car, but I cant talk since I have had other 4x4 vehicles in over three feet of water. I don't do that to my baby.

You need to read what other people say in your own thread. Several posts up Vapor said this, twice:

Vapor said:
and I was mistaken.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30021

the JDM H22 has gone up, it's now 1150 plus shipping. still the best option though.
Thats pretty cheap for a jdm longblock. Its going to suck but you'll come away from this with experence and knowledge, hopefully. And don't go scuba diving with your Lude, it dosen't like that.

·
Registered
501 Posts
i don't think you will find a brand new h22, the prelude is discontinued,, but the link Vapor provided is pretty good. the site says average 25,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty and that's really nice. but i'd still look around, maybe you can find a better deal.

and i really doubt the dealer will swap in a JDM engine for you, i'd find a JDM type S engine and have a shop to do it, or maybe have someone who's expreienced swapping motors(def not me ha :D).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.