Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
i can understand your complaints, but let me tell you something that you may or may not have known. okay, i used to have a car with a pretty decent stereo in it, as far as bass was concerned it had 4 10" subs. it was loud enough for me and sounded pretty good. heres the thing, if you were inside my car and had the stereo cranked up it would shake pretty hard and it was pretty bassy, now, you stand about 5 feet ABOVE my car and the bass levels were just amplified, probably 3x as loud, that was due to the configuration of my speakers. every car is going to be different of course because of acoustics and speaker position etc. etc....but when some of these guys are driving through your neighborhood their vantage point is going to be different then yours, and your may end up making the bass sound or feel stronger than what they feel, which isn't too far fetched since low frequency waveforms obviously can't reach the length inside a car that they can outside of a car...follow me? if its too loud, okay, you might want to go say something to them if it upsets you. but don't assume that they're trying to piss anyone off or be disrespectful, i almost got in a fight with some 50 year old bikers when i was 16 because they thought my stereo was too loud and was upsetting them, guess how high my volume setting was at the time...3(granted all stereos are different, but 3 is damn quiet on pretty much everything).

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
If it happens regularly enough so that you have a pretty good idea of what time they come through your n/hood, then wait in your car, follow them home, make note of address, get a friend with a LOUD system in their car, go to the offending address and give 'em a taste of their own medicine.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts