Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran my lude tonight a couple times. Best time I came up with was a [email protected] with a 2.428 60' :mad: I hate my yokohama a520's. I tried launching from 2000-5200 and I always got mad wheelspin. My 60' were consisten 2.4's best being 2.338. My best trap was 93.9 but I only ran a 15.1 that run. Oh well, time for new tires because the a520s wont hook for anything.

Runs were made with a 00 prelude base only mod was an e-bay CAI.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Thats a really good run for a CAI only and a 2.4 60 ft. It is possible to get a 2.2 60 ft. Adjust your tire pressure. I used to run about 20 psi in each tire on my stock tires. Sounds like you might have a factory freak. with a 2.2 60 ft you can run a 14.6

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was running a 24-25 psi in each tire... still not low enough? I really think it may be the tires i'm on, they aren't very soft at all. (yokohama a520)

·
Registered
854 Posts
pushVTEC said:
I was running a 24-25 psi in each tire... still not low enough? I really think it may be the tires i'm on, they aren't very soft at all. (yokohama a520)
that doesnt matter, if u have tread your fine, i guess this is where the ability or talent of drivers comes in, i can run 2.1s and 2.2s all day..ive done it on continental touring 80k radials no name tires..now ive got some kumho's..a stickier tire will give you more traction to play with, but learning to feather your clutch and gas will get u the really good 60s

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, although I dont really know if it was my driving ability that wouldn't let me get the 2.2 60's. My friend who has a spec v and with the lsd barely pulled off a 2.2. This track really isn't known well for traction. But i'm going back weds to try and beat the 14.9 and hopefully find a way to get my 60's down, practice makes perfect. Prelude racer where do you launch from? I got my best e/t from a 5.2k feather. And if I can't get em down i'm going to try this other track that supposevly hooks up better.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i launch at 52k..and feather it, but i also have an APex Vafc..and its awesome because as i bring my revs up, it engages the vtec cam..so basically im launching on the high cam off the line...it really improves the 60 and 330 times..peace

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
so what if you dont have a VAFC yet?? will launching at 5.5K do the same since stock it engages at that or around there?

·
Registered
854 Posts
if your using a stock computer, your car isnt hitting vtec ntil youve left the line, it wont engage until your moving...whereas with the vafc while im at the line and bringing the revs up u can hear the vtec engage..not sure how big of a diff this is.peace

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The vafc allows the VTEC to crossover when stopped? That's the first time i've heard of this. I guess it would be possible, I've just never heard of that. Plus even if it could I don't know if i'd do it, it can't be good for the car to rev it like that and hit the high lift section of the cam when not under load.

·
Registered
409 Posts
sure, the vafc sends a direct on/off signal based on rpms alone, whereas the stock ecu sends the signal based on numorous factors.

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
I got a 2.2 from all season yokohamas (horrible traction) on a track known locally to be fairly slippery. Dropped the tires to 20 PSI and launched from 5100. I did some slight feathering. not quite a sidestep clutch drop, but a fairly fast release. I try to keep the accelerator floored while letting enough clutch out to keep the RPM at launch RPM until the tires fully grab if that makes sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts