Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of replacing the clutch in my 2001 sh. The manual says to remove the radius rod but I cannot for the life of me get it apart from the lower ball joint. I have tried using a ball joint separator, lots of wd-40 and pb buster, and just basically beating on it with a hammer, but nothing has worked yet. Can anyone help me?? Thanks in advance; this is going to be the death of me if I can't figure it out soon

·
Registered
319 Posts
i couldnt get my right radius rod off the hub, so i just dislocated the radius rod at the front subframe and had it swing out still attached to the hub.

removing your subframe makes the tranny removal process soooo much easier. just fyi.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Most people use a pitman arm puller to get the radius rod off of the knuckle. You don't want to actually pull the ball joint, but just get the radius rod off the stud (this is how it is done for a suspension install on an SH at least, I imagine it is similar for a clutch).

·
Registered
210 Posts
You mean the two bolts on the radius rod? When I dropped the transmission they were also a huge PITA... We only had hand tools too. We ended up buying a ~10" 17mm wrench and using brute force.

We got it at autozone, it was like $8 It should give you enough torque. You might want to add a pipe on it too.

BTW Duralast lifetime warranty FTW :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts