Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unhooked my negative battery cable and my antitheft came on and my radio wanted a code. I tried a couple of times and an error code comes up now. The honda place said it was 70 bucks for them to do it. BUT how do you get the factory radio out. They said if I had the serial number I can get the code from them. Then how do I enter the code. Sorry so many questions, but thanks anyways.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I seen the taking out of the radio on the FAQ but I'm still stuck about the code.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
i believe its a 5 number code that use the numbers 1-6, you will see the numbers 1-6 on the buttons of the radio, when you have the code just press those numbers

·
Registered
436 Posts
i had to pull the radio out and get the serial # on it. its pretty easy to get the radio out, just do it carefully so you dont mess up the plastics that house it.
u have to give the serial # to honda and they will pull up your 5 number code. (they didnt charge me for this)

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
The code is on a card that came with the car but if you don't have that honda will give it to you. To get the radio out you have to take the black piece off adn then unscrew teh 4 screwsand it pops right out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The code is located on a sticker on your ashtray or more commonly refered to as a change cup - it will be on the back of it on a little sticker and all you do is open the change cup and pull up on it to take it out then read the code and put it in using the station preset buttons -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts