Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you guys know any thing about ractive products? My friend just got rights to sell there products and i get a discount but i wanted to know if there any good?

·
It was a funny angle..
312 Posts
ractive=cheap knockoffs, but to tell you the truth, they hold up really well. My friend also used to sell their stuff when he had a shop and the few ractive parts he sold have held up to the test of time. Take thier mufflers for instance (can't say this for all) but a straight through design is just that. I have a straight through design ractive muffler and It's sound has been consistantly deep and low since the day I put it on. My friend who had thermal on his Prelude hasn't had the same luck. Both exhausts started out sounding nearly the same, but over time the thermal's sound quality had diminished. As far as durability, my ractive is S.S. and is holding up quite nicely. I too though cheepo at first, but free is free and deals are deals. I hava a few free ractive products on my Prelude, but i don't usually like to admit it.

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
ractive is ok. When I had my civic and was dumb I bought a ractive intake. It was ok, a short ram is a short ram. I wouldn't buy anything they make now theough.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've told him there pretty bad. but hes like "yea they have everything" and its hard to get from other companies because you need like a 1000 dollar buy in.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Somewhat interesting, they sell Ractive stuff on www.bigexhaust.com, and it looks like they've got an axle-back twin-pass ("Mugen-style") muffler for the Prelude.

Ugly tip, though. And it doesn't say what piping diameter. Although the twin-pass universal muffler is listed at a 1 13/16" inner pipe diameter . . . . eh.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
carbon-vtec said:
i've told him there pretty bad. but hes like "yea they have everything" and its hard to get from other companies because you need like a 1000 dollar buy in.
Yeah man, support your boy for trying to make some money. They do offer a crapload of products. If he hooks you up with something, go for it. If my gf bought me something of theirs, for some reason, I wouldn't be like "I'm too good for that brand." :p

·
Registered
576 Posts
every reactive muffler I've heard has sounded really raspy. Has anyone heard a good sounding reactive muffler?

·
Registered
486 Posts
The Ractive strut bar I had in the Probe was actually quite excellent.

I guess I don't see how a shift knob or pedals can be ****ty or "rice." APC makes ****ty clear taillights and big ugly stickers. I don't see the relation.

My Momo shift knob is way ricey I guess:roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts