Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my exhaust about a year. For some reason today I was looking underneath my car and noticed just about my whole exhaust piping is orange! Anyone else have this problem? I thought Tanabe was quality stuff, now I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i had mine for a about 3-4 months now and mine looks new. but i dont drive it alot so that would have an effect on it.

im gona go buy some of those spray on anti-rusting or preventing stuff. anyone know whats the BEST brand i could possibly buy at a local auto store or home improvement store?

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
416 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
I've had my exhaust about a year. For some reason today I was looking underneath my car and noticed just about my whole exhaust piping is orange! Anyone else have this problem? I thought Tanabe was quality stuff, now I'm not sure.
</font>
1. take it off
2. sand it down with fine grit paper,
3. spray a coat of Rust Oleum (hi-temp)
4. spray a coat of hi-temp flat silver or gray(or whatver color you want)
5. your piping will look good again and won't have to worry about rust for a while.

Like Joon said, these pipings rust unless they're made of ss. I live in So Cal and my Greddy Sp piping is showing signs of rust so I took it out and painted the sucka. Looks better than when it was new. You being in MD, your exhaust if more likely to rust.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Holler
347 Posts
would it be possible to spray the rustoleum and then the hi-temp paint over the exhaust piping before you even put the sucker on? im talkin about wen its brand new.. that way u dont have to worry about taking it off later..btw..is there ne side effects to this?

------------------
1998 nordic mist type sh

·
Registered
416 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vtec_s0n:
would it be possible to spray the rustoleum and then the hi-temp paint over the exhaust piping before you even put the sucker on? im talkin about wen its brand new.. that way u dont have to worry about taking it off later..btw..is there ne side effects to this?

</font>
Yeah, that'd be the smarter thing to do. But I think most of us just can't wait to put ours on when we get our exhaust, you know? I know I couldn't, even the 2nd time around.

I can't see any side effects to this unless you get too zealous with the paint and spray too much, causing drips and runs. And also maks off the ends of each pipe, of course. Just use common sense and I can't see how you can go wrong.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts