Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was racing my budy on about a half mile stretch last night with his civic ex against my 99 type sh and he sprayed a 55 zex dry shot for about a half a mile - well towards the end his car quit on him - it cranked back up and we went and parked it - - just a few minutes ago we pulled out the spark plug which were zex plugs and they were all ate up bad and we replaced them with new zex plugs but it still ran like **** - i ran a compression test on it and it came out 210- 35 - 210 - 210 and im not exactly sure what that could be - any suggestions

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
im guessing something is wrong with cylinder #3....assuming the order is like our ludes

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ringland could be shot, or it could be the rings them selves.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Toss some oil in the bad cylinder and redo the compression test. If it goes up you can assume that you are leaking compression out of the rings. If it doesn't go up, it is probably the valves.

·
Registered
722 Posts
You aren't supposed to spray for more than 15 seconds. I assume if you were racing for a 1/2 mile it was longer than 15 seconds. This could have been the cause.

·
Registered
409 Posts
thats the exact thing that happened to my lude, running the zex kit.

my valves were bent and i had broken ringlands on that piston. Time to rebuild the head and replace a piston.

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
what octane fuel was he using?
did he do a compression test before he started spraying?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts