Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading over the FAQ's and came across a thread to install 4 point harnesses....

http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100416

well i have a question, in that thread there are 2 types of harnesses that can be mounted....
one is BOLT-IN and the other is SNAP-IN
well in that thread he used the snap in method,

how does the bolt in method look like?

i would like to eventually get some racing seats and harnesses but i dont like the whole idea of snap in method...

does the bolt in method mount differently??? where does it mount to?

can i fit anyone in the back if i get racing seats and bolt in harnesses....

from the looks of it, it looks like you cant fit no one in the back with the snap in method altho you can remove them...:confused:

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
??? anyone ???

·
Zoom-Zoomin
1,461 Posts
I think the difference is that with the snap in type, you bolt the eyebolt to the frame of the car, then the straps have snap latches (like a mountain climbing thing) that clips on the eye of the eyebolt. The bolt in types have the straps ending with a peice of steel plate. The plate is then bolted to the frame.

I've never installed a racing harness but have seen the "bolt in type" and that is how I understand it.

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
paulyg has it right. With the bolt0in application you bolt the fastener end to the frame, in the snap in application you fasten an eye-bolt into the frame, then snap to the eye-bolt. You aren't going to be able to put anyone behind you regardless. If you use the snap-in application you could have someone behind you if you un-snapped the harness and used the stock belts.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Can you leave the rear seats in?

·
Zoom-Zoomin
1,461 Posts
Yeah you can leave the rear seats in, but the shoulder straps run through the space where the rear passengers legs go.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
So you would pull them from under the rear seat or would you pull them from between the two portions of the back seat like the stock buckles in the back?

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ehhh guess i wont be having anyone in the back then...like i do anyway but still....oh well

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Greek Lude said:
So you would pull them from under the rear seat or would you pull them from between the two portions of the back seat like the stock buckles in the back?
I would want to mount them to the seatbelt points in the rear... but remember that the fastener needed to pull away in a perpendicular fashion... The other option is in the child seat fastening point, not to sure how much I trust that though....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts