Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a green 3 door Accord pull on to the road ahead of me and I could see that he had an Evo exhaust so I caught up to him. I was behind him at a light so I couldn't launch at all, but when we passed the slower traffic I pulled into the lane beside him and we went for it. He was already a car and a half ahead of me when I pulled over, but I slowly gained ground. I was almost on his back bumper at the end of second. By the end of third, we approached a curve and I was able to pass him. As I was going by him I heard his BOV when he shifted to 4th. I waited till he caught up again and we were side by side. I was in second, going about 45 and he floored it but we stayed even then he immediately turned off.

Now he did have a passenger with him, but I would not have expected to beat a turbo Accord. It was an early 90s model 3 door with no emblems. Who made turbo kits for EX or DX Accords and how much power do you think he was making? I wish we could have gotten a stoplight side by side to really see who was faster, but I drove away confident nonetheless. :bigthumb:

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
maybe he had one of those simulated BOV's....lol

·
VTEC On Ice = BAD
741 Posts
lol

I think I've seen this guy before...

I was driving home on Louis-Henna (never spell that right), just by Dell, when this Accord coupe pulled up next to me and started playing games as we pulled away from the light. It was an older model...like early 90's

Finally I honked twice, but got caught not being ready in second gear. He got a small jump on me because of that, but I caught up in VTEC and we were very even through second.

I missed the second-third upshift (first time I'd driven my car in almost a month due to repairs)...but this proved beneficial as a cop was just over the ridge.

He was definitley turbo, you could hear the BOV and whoosh...and also had someone with him.

If I could do it again, I bet I'd get him in third gear. However I was not up to par in my shifting ability so it ate me but spared me a ticket

Drew

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I doubt there are too many turbo 2 door green Accords around here. It must be the same guy. I am just surprised because it wasn't very fast for a turbo. I would definitely have beaten him badly if we had been able to line up properly. As it was, I just nudged him out at the end of 3rd.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
sounds like he has

1. cant drive
2. tuning issues
3. cant drive
4. cant drive
5-100.refer to #1

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
sounds like he has

1. cant drive
2. tuning issues
3. cant drive
4. cant drive
5-100.refer to #1
I couldnt have said it better myself, it sounds like he has cant drive!

·
VTEC On Ice = BAD
741 Posts
lol funny we all meet the same guy...

He had a girl with him when we raced, but given better circumstances and no missed shifts it would not have really been a race....bleh I want to see him again now that I'm back in driving form

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
sounds like he has

1. cant drive
2. tuning issues
3. cant drive
4. cant drive
5-100.refer to #1
What's the weight difference between a Lude and an Accord, though? (I've never known...)

J

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've raced a turbo 4 cylinder '99-ish Accord in Harrisburg, PA. My 4th gen H23 (I/H/E, SAFC) won by a car lenght from both a stop and a roll.

While Accords are heavier than both 4th and 5th gen Preludes, I want to say that the turbo fell below my expectations. I don't believe it was properly tuned.

I also think that since many, if not all, Accords are automatics, the gearing may not properly utilize the benefits of turbo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ummmmmm.... i really dont think that accords are heavier than 5th gens... they weigh almost the same i do believe.... thats why i spank 95% of the 5th gens i race.

·
Registered
909 Posts
and an accord 5 speed would be better for a turbo because of the longer gramma gears.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts