Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my new clutch and flywheel put in, so the race that Ive been lookin for for awhile happend, Me and my girlfriend and him and his girlfriend are drove around for a few trying to catch a light but it never happend, so we started to screw around droppin gears, we pull up next to eachother, I drop into 3rd and he drops to whatever, and I walk from him slowly but not lot maybe a half a car at the most. So we both decide to go back to this back road that we know of in an industral park. So when we get there we have me, my boy with the rsx type s that I wanna run, my other boy with his gt celica that drives ruffly a 1/4 mile away from us and sits to watch, and another guy with a rsx type s that we've talked to a few times when we see him riding around. So were lined up, me and my boy with his rsx, the other rsx beeps his horn 3 times and on the 3rd beep we go. I hop hard as hell for abot 3 or 4 sec. then Im good, hes about a 1/2 a car ahead of me, I shift to second and Im gaining slowly. I shift to 3rd and he starts to pull back, in the end he beat me by about 3/4 to a car. I havnt ran my car at the track yet but I know that Im atleast a high 14, cause hes ran 14.6s conceitlly when hes there.

After all Ive heard about the RSX's I was suprised that I could stay with him like I did, I thought for sure he'd get me by aleast a few more cars.

Whats the easyest, fastest, and cheapest bolt/bolts on that I can buy to make up this time??? I know I could of made up alil bit of time on my launch, we were going to race best 2 outta 3 but he wanted to race the other rsx and then there started to be a few passing cars that we thougth was strange so we didnt get tht in, and I donno where I was shifting at, I shifted were I thougth by sound, all I can tell ya is that the mem. on th vafc rpms was 7230 so that was the peak rpms.

By the way he has i/h/e/p/fuel rail/skunk2 coilovers/motor mounts/short shifter. You can see what I have in my sig. O and my 116k miles to his 15 thousand lol

and I have to mention this even tho it has nothing to do with this and it looks like shyt, as we were driving around we saw the 5th gen white prelude with the graphics that is in the may superstreet mag. The one thats supercharged, from a distance it looks sweet but thats about it lol. And no I didnt get a chance to get next to it by the time we could turn around he was gone, but its starting to get pretty hot around here with cars so Im sure I'll see him again.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
japnoyboi said:
nice race..but you should post this in the street racing forum
thanks, sorry guys didnt think about that, I was just so excited that as soon as I got home I wanted to post something about it.

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
If your VAFC is untened, get that sucker tuned! You might be able to squeeze out a few more horsies and broaden your curves. Also, maybe you could get a hi-flow cat and do something about your header (Get a Mugen, DC, or Jet Hot the OEM) and free up some exhaust flow.

And what about rubber? You have stock tires / rims? If you get some bigger, wider rims and wider tires, you'll have some better traction.

Just some thoughts. And, oh, by the way...

IBTM. :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
how do yo look up someones sig?

I raced an rsx but i didnt get a chance to see if it was a type s but i whooped it bad.. yeah get a header.. even if it doesn help a lot it helps..i have the dc header i think it helps overall not like really noticeable gains but it helps. if you dont have pulleys get those they are decent for the money.. do the coolant bypass and egr mod with OBII bypass... i think that helps keep your car cool which im sure helps you save some HP and its free mods practically. tires help a lot.. if you had better tires alone i bet you would have taken him seriuosly tires alone makes a HUGE difference..just think of it with slicks it takes off so much time so get some decent wheels/tires next chance you get.
if you want some free stuff you can do weight reduction like take out your spare, and back seats thats what i did i never carry passengers.. the back seats are like 4 bolts and when i want to put it back in it LItterally takes me less than a minute i dont put the bolts back it though becuase thats for the swivel part of the back seat which i dont really care about right now. it makes a difference too its like 60-70 pounds or more.
you can also do a air ram from right passenger side to AEM with some dryer hose cut a whole in the plastic piece where the JDM fogs would go.. people dont really say much about it.. i felt more from that than i did my header! and its not in my mind... on the free way or past 20mph its more responsive!! you guys should try it i think it really does help..

and also im not sure but i think you are suppose to shift closer to past redline like 7500 not 7200 if im not wrong??

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
dchung1 said:
Click on "Options" at the top of the page. When the Options page loads, select "Edit Options" from the header. Scroll down to "Thread View Options" and check the "yes" button beside "Show user's signatures in their posts?". Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Submit Modifications" button.

After that, you should see everyone's signature at the bottom of their posts. If you want to turn them back off, follow the same procedure, except check "no" instead of "yes" in the options page.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
silverbullit2K1 said:
And what about rubber? You have stock tires / rims? If you get some bigger, wider rims and wider tires, you'll have some better traction.
Bigger wheels will not make your car faster, especially if they are big enough that you have to run a tire that is larger than the stock tire (outer diameter). But some nice grippy tires will help a lot, and maybe some motor mounts to get rid of the wheel hop.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Thats awesome if the rsx has all those mods and only pulled a bumper. Those things get like 15 whp for a intake 22 whp for a stinking header and 10+ for exhuast!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
JakeTheSlayer said:

Bigger wheels will not make your car faster, especially if they are big enough that you have to run a tire that is larger than the stock tire (outer diameter). But some nice grippy tires will help a lot, and maybe some motor mounts to get rid of the wheel hop.
Yeah, if you want your car to be faster, do NOT go out and get bigger wheels. that's probably one of the worst things you could do if you want to have a fast car. Bigger rims not only weight more, but due to having more rotational mass, you're gonna be losing more hp cuz it takes more power to turn the suckers.

Seriously, if want to do anything about wheels/tires for going faster, do what Jake said and just get nicer, grippier tires. And Motor Mounts. but don't do what some people here said and get bigger wheels. That's the exact opposite of what you should be doing.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys, where can I get motor mounts from, I cant find any for a 5th gen

and the only reason y vafcs not tunediscause m waiting for a hear,I think m gonna get the greddy one for the 4th gen and mod it to fit my 5th

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
just have a friend put poly urethane mounts in ur car. I have them and i get 0 wheel hop.

·
Registered
482 Posts
couldnt get get wider /bigger wheels if they are the light racing wheels which are lighter than stock? more grip less rotational inertia.. reap the benefits of both.. but not in your wallet

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fast&furiuslude said:
just have a friend put poly urethane mounts in ur car. I have them and i get 0 wheel hop.
I cant find a set for a 5th gen lude tho, Ive been lookin, and Ive head that they cost alot of $$$$, anyother ideas???

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
2PhastPrelude said:

I cant find a set for a 5th gen lude tho, Ive been lookin, and Ive head that they cost alot of $$$$, anyother ideas???
mine cost like 50 total. you can actually get them filled i think, and if you dont like a rough idle then dont get them b/c it feels like a race car at idle:)

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
2PhastPrelude said:

Nope, not true. There's a thread going on in the General section, or the 5th gen section. I can't remember.

go to inlinefour.com

They have them there. I think it's around $30 for Front and Rear. 5-speeds can use the rear, but someone said that the SS won't be able to get the rear mount on. There's a write-up in General, i think.

The reason why you can't find them for the 5th gen is because they don't make them. The 4th gen ones fit the 5th gens just fine.

·
Registered
548 Posts
dchung1 said:

I raced an rsx but i didnt get a chance to see if it was a type s but i whooped it bad.. yeah get a header.. even if it doesn help a lot it helps..i have the dc header i think it helps overall not like really noticeable gains but it helps. if you dont have pulleys get those they are decent for the money.. do the coolant bypass and egr mod with OBII bypass... i think that helps keep your car cool which im sure helps you save some HP and its free mods practically. tires help a lot.. if you had better tires alone i bet you would have taken him seriuosly tires alone makes a HUGE difference..just think of it with slicks it takes off so much time so get some decent wheels/tires next chance you get.
if you want some free stuff you can do weight reduction like take out your spare, and back seats thats what i did i never carry passengers.. the back seats are like 4 bolts and when i want to put it back in it LItterally takes me less than a minute i dont put the bolts back it though becuase thats for the swivel part of the back seat which i dont really care about right now. it makes a difference too its like 60-70 pounds or more.
you can also do a air ram from right passenger side to AEM with some dryer hose cut a whole in the plastic piece where the JDM fogs would go.. people dont really say much about it.. i felt more from that than i did my header! and its not in my mind... on the free way or past 20mph its more responsive!! you guys should try it i think it really does help..

and also im not sure but i think you are suppose to shift closer to past redline like 7500 not 7200 if im not wrong??
probably wasn't the type-s or you've got one helluva lude there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its a type s I know for sure, hes pretty much my best friend lol

·
Registered
854 Posts
your freind needs to have his ecu Reflashed and his rsx S will rape you lol...also you should be shifting near your limiter arounf 7600 or so, need to stay higher in the powerband, i shift at 8k...but you cant fo that until u get a diff ecu or a chip..peace

1 - 20 of 29 Posts