Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a quick release steering wheel hub on a Prelude?

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
would be interesting and make getting into my car easier too

</font>
Yeah, but you have to be willing to get rid of the horn, cruise, and air bag. You can't run any wiring through a quick release.

This is for a track car, so the air bag, horn, etc. is no big deal.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DR:
Like this one?
http://www.smartracing.net/ProdCat/Driver%20Comforts/Driver%20Comforts.htm
I am considering it.
</font>
No, it moves the steering wheel back another 1 to 2 inches on top of the adapter. Plus, I don't like the idea of using an adapter on top of another adapter.

Brinks Race Craft in Irving is going to take a look at it. He's just about the only one I would trust doing that kind of work. I will probably have to get something fab'ed up to fit onto the stock column. Perhaps have it pinned and welded.

Oh well, I didn't think anyone did it. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
610 Posts
Billy I went looking around for one about 4 months ago and I never found one as low profile as this. The only other option is to hack either the momo hub, or the stock wheel and weld the female splines on to a quick release unit.

------------------
Marshall McLean
97 Prelude SH
<A HREF="http://www.hondaprelude.to" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

My Home Page

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marsh:
Billy I went looking around for one about 4 months ago and I never found one as low profile as this. The only other option is to hack either the momo hub, or the stock wheel and weld the female splines on to a quick release unit.

</font>
As low profile as what? With the hub adapter on the car, and a steering wheel with VERY little dish, the wheel is almost right where I want it. I couldn't imagine moving it back another inch or so. I do have the stock steering wheel, and we might have to hack it apart to use the female splines. I am not sure what they have in mind, but it will definitely have to be welded and/or pinned. I am thinking of using a SPA quick release, or a Mark Williams one. I am not sure yet...

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ok, so I'm digging up this old thread, but it's because I installed a Smart Racing Products quick release hub. It's a very well made product. I'm liking the fact that the steering wheel is now closer by around 2". It gives me a better driving position.

I will be able to still run with a horn (for now), by passing a wiring through the center and upto the horn button.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I think this is also a good idea for theft prevention, but it depends on where you're going for the day/night... wouldn't be too fun cruising into a club w/ your steering wheel, unless you coat-checked it, haha. I've thought about doing this for great theft prevention...

J

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
UEnvyMyStyle said:
preludegod from hp.com had a really nice removable setup in his 4th gen. it came off easy but was really secure when it was attached.
Whatever happened to Preludegod? That guy had one of the most modded 4th gens in the world...

J

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
He sold me my vtec calipers & gave me lots of good advice, as well as motivation. He's conqured all others in terms of modding his Lude to the utter max. Not to mention how damn good his Lude looked.

J

1 - 13 of 13 Posts