1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering.
stock grand am gt 2003 V6 3400 3.4 L RAMAIR

vs a 99 stock prelude.
just talking to my buddy and he really thinks he can smoke me, so i'm just curious. his car is auto and mine is standard.
thanks for the replys

·
Registered
256 Posts
just wondering.
stock grand am gt 2003 V6 3400 3.4 L RAMAIR

vs a 99 stock prelude.
just talking to my buddy and he really thinks he can smoke me, so i'm just curious. his car is auto and mine is standard.
thanks for the replys
Line up, and beat his ass. You'll beat him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you really wanna tear his ass apart get a vtec controller and race him on a shorter distance and set it to kick at 3000 rpm, but practice a few times before cuz it will cut out early, but your lude will tear away early as hell and he'll feel stupid

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
if you really wanna tear his ass apart get a vtec controller and race him on a shorter distance and set it to kick at 3000 rpm, but practice a few times before cuz it will cut out early, but your lude will tear away early as hell and he'll feel stupid
Who are you and where do you get all this great information?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
You're not getting a laugh at the fact he bumped a year old post to post that?

I'm laughing at the fact even if you set your vtec at 3000rpms, the car would probably stall or buck with it programmed that low. The "experts" agree you can only program it as low as 4000rpms, and that's even advised only if you have the modifications to support it (like forced induction).

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Yeah the VTEC controller is pretty funny.

I had a 2004 GrandAm before the lude, and I can say without a doubt the lude wins...having owned both...I've raced newer Grand Prix's and stayed nose to nose with them in the lude, and the Prix will smoke the Am any day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts