Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there are like 3 posts going about this, but i just have one quick question: is it easy to wire it up so that it works just like my stock one does? i dont care about automatically changing the temp, i just want the nicer looking one, but the same controls as stock. is this easy, or is this what everyone is trying to do?
marsh

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I think its easy if you just want to have a cool and heat function.....as in full heat or full cool, and nothing else. Other than that, have fun.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4bidden said:
I think its easy if you just want to have a cool and heat function.....as in full heat or full cool, and nothing else. Other than that, have fun.
i see, so nothing in between...just all hot or all cold..but could I still do the fans adjustable?
marsh

·
New Boeing Engineer
1,121 Posts
I have been thinking about this. The only thing you would run into is how do you change the airmix. I was thinking about just hiding the cable under the dash and pushing/pulling on it. You would still have to set up the blower motor transistor and relay though.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zimmlude said:
I have been thinking about this. The only thing you would run into is how do you change the airmix. I was thinking about just hiding the cable under the dash and pushing/pulling on it. You would still have to set up the blower motor transistor and relay though.
hmmm thats an idea too, i usually have it on full heat or full cold, and just use the blower to regulate in car temp..and the sunroof!
marsh

·
New Boeing Engineer
1,121 Posts
Dude, you live in Edmonds WA!!! I know I have my sunroof open for maybe 3 days out of the year (damn rain :mad:)

The thing is, if your going to be installing the transistor and relay anyways, you might as well install the motor too. That will give you manual controls. The sensors are simple to install after all that too.

So, to put it simply, there is a way but it is just a small step further to get it fully functional.

All that said you will never catch me pulling my dash apart to install one of those things :laugh:

Good luck man.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zimmlude said:
Dude, you live in Edmonds WA!!! I know I have my sunroof open for maybe 3 days out of the year (damn rain :mad:)

The thing is, if your going to be installing the transistor and relay anyways, you might as well install the motor too. That will give you manual controls. The sensors are simple to install after all that too.

So, to put it simply, there is a way but it is just a small step further to get it fully functional.

All that said you will never catch me pulling my dash apart to install one of those things :laugh:

Good luck man.
yes it rains, but you can just crack your sunroof and no rain gets in! just fresh air! (WA only luder trick) :bigthumb: :laugh:
well it seems like its a major PITA to get that thing fully functional, so i would love to just settle for fan settings and heater control...how hard is this?
marsh

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yes it can be done. You'll need the jdm climate control unit, relay, transistor and evaporator temp. sensor & you're all set. With that, everything will work minus the auto function (because you need other sensors) and the heater...although you can always easily push or pull the little pin under your dash if you want hot or cold air, not the mention you don't need to take out your dash.

Just a comment on the evaporator temp. sensor...you'll need that part no matter what if you want your AC to function. Without it, the unit can't send a signal to your compressor clutch, therefore no cold air if it doesn't engage. (Forbidden told me that and I confirmed it last weekend when I installed it in my car).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.