Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all.
This week I'm ordering a JDM H22 to replace my beat up old USDM H22.
My question is, what all do I need besides the motor?
Does this swap require the JDM ECU? Also, will my USDM wiring harness work? Lastly, do I need to swap out the tensioner to manual on the JDM?
Anything else you can think of would be helpful!

Thanks

Nate

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
1. Probably won't need much other than the normal things to change since you are getting the engine. (i.e rear main seal etc)

2. A jdm ecu is good but not necessary at all.

3. Yes, you normally use your wiring harness. Yes swap out the tensioner.

4. Just search and find all the things for preventative maintenance. Also, I assume you are just buying the engine and not the transmission (unless you really want lsd stock option or that taller 5th gear). Save the money for other stuff.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, cool, That's pretty much what I thought, but I couldn't find anything cumulative for an answer.. Yeah, it's just the engine.

·
( o.O )
2,802 Posts
i got my motor from hmotorsonline or something like that. they were very helpful and sold me everything i needed and didn't try to sell me extra stuff that i didn't need. talk to your supplier

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I dunno much about the fuel mapping, but from everything I've read the USDM p13 is the same as the JDM except the JDM has a limiter. I did the same swap last year and am still using my original ecu with no problems... everything feels great. Hmotorsonline is the best place to get an engine, and its even #1 on honda-tech. Its where i got mine. Good luck.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, they're a bit pricier than Tiger Jap, I ordered it already so it should be here next week or so...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts