Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Riding my on progress Springs with stock shocks and i was wondering does Koni's shocks drop ur car other 1'? cuz my friend told me that u can lower ur car or raise ur car 1'.

My other question is i have almost 400 and i was wondering if i should get new springs and non adjs shocks? its only for streets. Cuz im tried of the 1.5drop and i want to drop it more.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Koni Yellows have several perch settings on the shock body which allows you to mount the spring higher or lower than where you're at now. All the way down is probably at least another inch drop.

They also have adjustible rebound which is nice!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Actually the Koni Adjustables (also known as APS) can only move ~.5" each way (in 0.25" increments).

Just thought i'd straighten that out...

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
KOni shocks have 2 grooves in front and 3 in the rear. The difference in front is 15mm and 20mm in the rear.

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iranman:
Actually the Koni Adjustables (also known as APS) can only move ~.5" each way (in 0.25" increments).

Just thought i'd straighten that out...

</font>
There are two different types of Koni dampers. The ones that Koni markets, and the ones that Neuspeed markets. The regular Konis have 2 grooves on the front, and 3 on the rear. The Neuspeed (APS) Konis have 5 grooves front and rear.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
There are two different types of Koni dampers. The ones that Koni markets, and the ones that Neuspeed markets. The regular Konis have 2 grooves on the front, and 3 on the rear. The Neuspeed (APS) Konis have 5 grooves front and rear.

</font>
Is there any height difference between the two? Can you go lower with one than the other?

G

·
No, there is no height differences on the lowest perch setting.

The APS Konis have shafts that are 20mm shorter, but that really isn't that big of a deal.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
where can i purchase the neuspeed versions of the koni's????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts