Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...i'm thinking about tinting my 5th gen cause it's black w/ blk leather seats and it gets so figgin' hot in the sun...

but i had a few questions first...

1. i'm thinking bout gettin 35% cause i don't wanna go too dark...i want a clean look...so, will this light of a tint still help reduce the heat in the car?

2. will there be any issues with the tint and the internal rear window antenna or defroster (ie. will i lose reception or will it interfere with the defrosting)?

3. and finally, what's a good price to pay for some high quality tint? (by the way i'm in Toronto Canada)

Thanks in advance for the help...

------------------
99 Black Lude w/ Leather

"Let us combine all our efforts as Honda to go out there and win"
-Soichiro Honda, 1954

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
no, go with gold tint, works just as well as black tint, trust me you'll get lots of compliments out of it, just like me!!

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,including exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
80 Posts
35% will still help, I'd go a little darker. I say at least 20% would look good. Shouldn't be any problems with the defroster or antenna, don't worry about it. $130-150cdn for the rear three windows, little more if you're going to do all five

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a black Lude also. I just recently had mine done and it is 15% on the back three windows, and 35% on the front two. I was goin to go 15% all the way around but I'm sorta paranoid about the cops giving me trouble for it.. cuz 15% is pretty damn dark.

I think 20% of 15% all around would look good, but that's illegal just about everywhere except for like Florida I believe.

Maybe I'll get myself a medical exemption soon.. like my eyes or skin are sensitive to light.. then go 15% all around. =) Does anyone here have a doctor's note and wanna tell us about it? Hehe.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Most reputable shops have good quality tint like Lluminar. The price I have been quoted in London is average - $199.00. 35% is light but that is what I am going to get. It will fade over time so 20% is not out of the question if you want.

If you get pulled over with tint at night, just turn on your interior light. The tint will "disappear", and the officer will feel a little more comfortable approaching your car. May just save you a ticket.

------------------
1999 Honda Prelude Base 5-Speed. Crystal Blue Metallic.

"Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so will 35% tint help reduce the heat inside the car?...it gets so damn hot in there since the interior's black and so is the car itself...it attracts a lot of sun...

oh, and what do you guys think about Formula One brand tint?

thanks again...

------------------
99 Black Lude w/ Leather

-Soichiro Honda, 1954

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GldCrzy:
no, go with gold tint, works just as well as black tint, trust me you'll get lots of compliments out of it, just like me!!

</font>
hey GldCrzy, do u have any pics...i'm kinda traditional in terms of tints...don't want anything too flashy, something clean...but it never hurts to look at all the options...

anyone else have anypics (ie. gold or silver tints) on a black lude...?

------------------
99 Black Lude w/ Leather

-Soichiro Honda, 1954

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Hrere's a side shot of my car, it's got 50% tint all the way around. I got a tint that has a hint of green similar to the factory green glass. It looks stock but darker, yes it does seem to keep the heat down a bit and at night it's dark enough that you can't really see in the car.

BTW it cost me $180 USD

[This message has been edited by THATPRELUDEGUY (edited May 02, 2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts