Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
JDM F22 > USDM H23
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i don't know if this is were this post goes but here goes. ok i'm gonna be taking my car to the track for the first time and i have a few question. i have a jdm f22b and i normally launch at 2500 and i get very little to no wheel spin and just about no hoppin, well my question is how should i take off at the track and should i keep my 17's on or put my stock back on? to be a little honest i'm a little freaked out cause i don't want to run like a 17 in the 1/4. i mean i would love to get high 15's right now. and that goes to my question question. with only cold air intake and exhaust what time do you think i will get with my F22b? thanks

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I would say a mid 15 if you are a good driver with your car running right. I'm not sure though. What is the difference between the f22b and the h23? Compression? About the wheels, hard call, I use some 14's at the track for traction problems I have. I might run with my 17's tonight though.

·
JDM F22 > USDM H23
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should i takeoff the same way at 2500rpms? i heard somewere that the track is differnt then street for lauching, is this true?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
little higher than that...try 3k..thats where i got my best launches in my h23. slip the clutch until you hook then go WOT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
launching on the track and street is different. i would suggest u put stock 15 in rims with some drag radials for the tracks. with a good burn out and track bite being down leaving at 4 or so should give u a good launch. on street tire i would suggest around 3. My best times on street tire with a launch at 2500 on a 1/8 mile is 9.3 and and with my et drag slicks leaving at 6500 is 8.8 in the 1/8 in my h22a vtec

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Stop bumping 5 year old threads please.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Put your stock sixteens back on and you if you want a few more horsepower unhook your power steering belt.All you have to do is loosen the top bolt on the power belt tensionor and you can pull it right off. You can't tell the diff only when your going slower than 10 miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts