Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done many installs with subs but never with the 4 inside. I know about the ground, positive and rca but what about the wires to the speakers? I know each speaker has two wires goign to the harness so what do I do with those two?

·
Registered
777 Posts
there is a few things you can do, i ran speaker wire to my two rears, and ran two more lines up the center of the car and hacked it into the stock speaker wiring harness right after the stereo harness.

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I have 4 speakers I can cut the two wires from each speaker from the harness taht is in the head unit and put the 8 wires into the right plug in the amp, right? If I have only 2 speakers (like two 6x9 in the back) all I do is put the 2 wires from each in teh rear spots of the amp so 4 wires, right or am I wrong?

·
Registered
777 Posts
sounds about right, just think about it first, all you have to do is get power to the speakers. You could run all 8 wires (4 power 4 grounds ) to the head unit and splice from there, yes.

·
Registered
337 Posts
depending how much power and how clean you want it, i wouldnt run it to the harness. run it directly to the speakers. if your using factory speakers nevermind this. but if you have nice speakers ad nice amp, why use the cheap factory wiring?

·
Registered
777 Posts
ECHprelude said:
depending how much power and how clean you want it, i wouldnt run it to the harness. run it directly to the speakers. if your using factory speakers nevermind this. but if you have nice speakers ad nice amp, why use the cheap factory wiring?
have fun running it in the doors, i have an V12 alpine amp and infinity kappa's all around, i dont notice a difference. the only real thing that will affect the quality of your sound is engine/alternator noise. just make sure you dont run any of the speaker wires near any large power wires. In my opinion its not worth the extra hassle to run it directly to the speakers. Call around to decent shops in the area, and i bet they say the use the factory harness.

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I was saying was cut the wires for all 4 speakers at the harness (so it isn't going into the head unit anymore) and wire those 8 wires to the amp. Do you think it would be better to wire the 4 speakers to the amp or wiring to extra 6x9s to the amp. Factory speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts