Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm home for the weekend to visit family and my car. I decided yesterday to go buy something random as an excuse to drive. Well I'm on the freeway, and I decide to gun it. I pull right in front of porsche and I pull away. I look in my rear view to see if the porsche is gonna go at it with me, but i notice a highway patrol car in the lane that i had just left!!!! He watched me do everything. He calmly catches up to me and pulls me over.

I remember before he came up to the window, I was like "please no ticket." And tada, he didn't give me one. Since I had no tickets, I think that saved my *ss. He said "I can understand gunning it at 3am since you gotta sporty car here, but you gotta slow it down during the day."

That was it! I swear I've been lucky twice already. Last time was going 120.

Anyone else run into this kinda luck?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
where was this? if it was in the bay area, you're one lucky bastard! i've been pulled over about 10 times in my life (i'm older than most of you
), and the only time i got out of it were in places like nevada, arizona, utah, etc. got pulled over 4 times in the bay area, popped every time

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 935DragLude:
wow, you are pretty fortunate...hehe...maybe the cop was a prelude enthusiast as well

</font>
Exactly what I was thinkin!

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

Originally posted by malken00:
Everyone has their own opinion, even if they're wrong.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
prelude2005: The CHP that pulled me over for that seems to be into my car. He said he has a Ford Focus and was wondering what I think he should do to his car. Then he proceeded to ask me about my car (I didn't tell all.. wasn't sure if it was a trick into a fix-it.)

schwett: San Jose on Hwy 17. The 120 catch was on 680 in Milpitas. Both were in the afternoon.

935dragger: This cop was actually on route to a call. So I think that's why he let me off.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I maxed out the speedo at 235km/h (146mph). It took a long stretch of road to squeeze the last 10km/h or so out of it, and I think that if I folded in the mirrors and took off the spoiler, I could hit 240km/h (unless there's an electronic limiter).

No ticket.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Maybe it was Officer VEETEC that let you off easy..haha..

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
The luckiest I have been was 70+ in a 35 with expired plates, expired license, and expired tabs, and expired insurance. He just told me to slow down and have a nice day.

I've also been on the short end of the stick a couple times as well. Tickets for 64 in a 60 (he said I was racing), and 47 in a fifty (she said I was driving wrecklessly, although cars were passing me by).

Good thing you got off.

JP

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Nice man, isn't great when you get lucky? Ahhh, good feeling...
Anyway, i got real lucky once too. Driving home from work at 9 p.m. doing 74/55mph with no lights on, expired insurance, and a junior liscense! That's right, i was 16
When they pulled me over, they both got out of the car and surrounded me because they thought i was a wasted driver. But no, it was a tired, beginner 16 year old driver instead! They let me go mostly because i was so young and scared sh!tless, heh.

gills

------------------
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

1995 Prelude VTEC w/ mods of course.
Why waste $ on a stereo? I juz' wan' speeeeeed n' looks:)

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
i've been pulled over about 10 times in my life (i'm older than most of you
),
</font>
I've been pulled over more than that in the year 2000

------------------
Malken00
[email protected]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by trehlo:
People with nice cars need their own state.</font>

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Originally posted by gills:
Nice man, isn't great when you get lucky? Ahhh, good feeling...
But no, it was a tired, beginner 16 year old driver instead! They let me go mostly because i was so young and scared sh!tless, heh.

gills

Did u feel the same again when u were driving the 911 w/the kid?

How come I never get lucky w/tickets or nice cars?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts