Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my friend was driving my car and hit this pothole (thank you, Comm. Ave.). He took it to get it replaced at Firestone and they replaced it, only they used a different tire than the stock ones. (Charged 120 for the tire, and 99 for an alignment check, too)

So, here are my questions:
1) Will that 1 tire (front passenger side) affect my performance any? Is it even safe?

2) Did I get majorly ripped off for the tire? I'm going to get the city to reimburse me for it, anyway, so it doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to know not to do business with that Firestone anymore.

·
11,003 Posts
1) it should be safe... what tire did he replace it with? is it at least the same size? cuz they usually don't have 205/50/16 stocked...

2) YES!! you did... $99 for an alignment??? WTF?!?! and i doubt the city is gonna reimburst you for it...

------------------
------------------

OG H-A Member
1997 San Marino Red SH
~scratch here, ding there. Sigh...~
AIM: imagepree

[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well, if the tire have the same performance rating, it would be all right. Granted you are not going to do any auto-X or something like that. Otherwise, it is better to change the tire on the other side(that is: both front/rear should have the same tire).

Regarding the price, if the tire is a high performance, brand name tire, 120 sounds OK, although it is a little bit expensive, but hey, what you can get if you want the tire to be changed immediately. I would think the price are OK.

------------------
1999 Prelude 5spd
Premium Pearl White
0-60 6.7s 1/4 [email protected]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was totally outraged by the alignment price, but since I didn't do it, it's too late to say anything about it...

The tire they gave me was a Firehawk GTA-02 P205/50R16, so specs are the same... The tread pattern is different, though, which is what had me concerned...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts